ninety seven | return

↳ foster gray

foster gray

   I ARRIVED TO MINNESOTA WITH A SMILE FULL OF A NEW FOUND CONFIDENCE. It felt so nice to be back. As much as I loved being in Wisconsin with my family, I wanted to be back here, and finally, I was.

   It was Wednesday. I had an early flight. When I arrived to the state, it was around 7 in the morning. Everyone had just started their first class of the day. I couldn't go back due to the fact that I was still suspended, so I got a bus and headed straight to my dorm instead.

   The building was dead silent. It was kind of odd, but it was really nice. I made it the the familiar door that belonged to mine and Julie's room.

    We had always had a white board handing in the front like all dorms had, but the only thing we had ever written on it was our room number and a little sketch I made. But now that was all replaced. Now, it read: Foster Chanel Gray & Julie Eleanor Gaffney's room <3 "We are all wonderful, beautiful wrecks. That's what connects us—that we're all broken, all beautifully imperfect."

   The corners of my lips curled upwards into a smile. Maybe something had changed since I left. I get I always said that, that things had changed, and they really haven't, but that's just who I was, and I genuinely had hope this time. Maybe punching Connie had impacted everyone.

   I managed to unlock the door and get myself inside with my suitcase. I was hit with the smell of vanilla and cashmere which made feel welcomed and made me think of Adam. I smiled to myself.

    I shut the door behind me and placed my suitcase in its usual spot by my dresser. I knew I needed to unpack, but I didn't necessarily feel like doing so at the moment.

I looked around the room. Something was different. When I realized what was, I started to smile. Strip lights were hung around the large room, as well as all of the decorations I had brought, they were hung up on my side of the room neatly, just the way I liked it. Julie did this, I knew it.

   I headed across the room to my bed. Two gifts bags caught my eye. I furrowed my eyebrows. My birthday was in a month. What was this? On the front of one bag, a piece of paper was tapped to it. I slowly walked over and reached for it.

"WE'RE SORRY :("

   I slightly frowned. I set the paper down onto my bed and grabbed the first bag. I tore the tissue paper out of it soon revealing soft pieces fabric. I pulled the items out of the bag.

   All new clothes for games, for practices, for me. Now I had something of my own to wear for hockey since my other stuff was destroyed. I did feel terrible that whoever bought this for me, bought it. I still felt terrible for when Dean did that for me.

   I reached into the other bag. I tore out the tissue a paper and saw a nice leather sketchbook. It was small, and had a leather tie around it, keeping it shut. It was beautiful, almost an exact replica of my fathers. I felt myself smile.