seven | california

foster gray

foster gray

-minneapolis, minnesota
-heading to st. paul international airport

My head rested against the cold window of the charter bus Mr. Tibbles rented for us for our trip to the airport, which wasn't even a long ride.

I sat alone in a seat in the back, by the disgusting bathroom Goldberg had just gassed out. I could tell Adam wanted to sit with me, due to the fact he was heading back to me and asked if he could, but he sat with Guy instead.

     According to Adam, though Guy and Connie weren't together anymore, she still had him wrapped around her finger.

     Kind of reminded me of Holly and Kade, but Holly was nicer than Connie, and that took a lot to say. Holly was rude.

     Ken sat across from me, alone as well. We talked once in a while, but he ended up falling asleep.

     We got to the airport in less than 20 minutes. It was a smooth trip to the plane. Surprisingly the airport wasn't packed.

     I ended up sitting by some rando, but luckily Coach Bombay was on the other side of me. I slept instead.

      I slept the whole way there. Coach Bombay shook me awake when we were about to land.

     I peaked out the window, staring at my view in amazement. There were so many palm trees, so much sun, it was beautiful.

      We were rushed to get off of the plane, and escorted out of the airport, where we were lead to another charter bus.

       Everyone rushed onto the bus besides me. I stayed and helped Coach and the driver load our luggage into the bottom of the bus.

     Soon we were done and I headed onto the bus. I looked at my surroundings, but kept my eyes off of everyone. I started walking to the back again where there were empty seats.

     I felt someone elbow me in the side. I looked over and saw Connie laughing. I ignored her and continued walking, but I felt someone trip me.

    Everyone started to laugh, "nice one, Dean!" Connie said.

    I sighed. I wanted to cry, but I wasn't going to let that happen. I didn't want to be my usual baby self. In Point Place I wouldn't let things like this bother me. Why am I letting it now? I've been stuck with these people for two weeks and everyday things get worse.

     "Jeez, she can never stay on her feet," I heard Connie murmur. I rolled my eyes.

     Someone grabbed ahold of my arm and helped me up. I looked up and saw Luis. He let go of my arm, sat back down, and let me walk by. Yet he didn't say a word to me.

      I eventually got to my seat. I stayed awake on our ride to the dorms. It was beautiful.

     "You know why Connie is so jealous of you?" Someone whispered, taking a seat beside me. I knew it was Adam. In front of me, Ken peaked over the seat.

    "Why?" I whispered back.

     "Because.. because you're really really pretty," he spit out, "and you're not letting her see that what she's doing is bothering you. And she doesn't like that. And she's not going to stop unless you do something back."

     I sighed, "but I don't want to do something back. I'm not like that."

     Adam sighed too, "do you know what she's saying about you, Foster?"

    I shook my head, "she talks behind my? Why? What is she saying?" I furrowed my eyebrows together.

     "She's saying you slept with people to get here. She's making up this big thing that you're a hoe, or whatever. To be honest, I think she's just saying the things she's done and saying you did them instead. You already showed her our first day that you were a better player than her. She's making up so many rumors about you, and everyone is believing them," I looked down at my hands.

    "How come you don't?" I questioned.

    "I can easily read people. I don't know how, but I do. I know Connie. She did this to someone at school too. I saw what she did to you the first day. And I can tell that you're confused and uncomfortable with everything going on," Adam told me.

     "I just don't like her," Ken spoke, "I knew you were nice from the day I first met you. You showed me you were a nice person and I'm not believing some girl that we just met."

     I let out a small laugh.

     "But you really need to stick up from yourself," Ken said again, "she's really saying some hurtful things that everyone is believing. The whole team is going to end up turning on you."

     "Then let them," I told the two.

     "No. This trip will be miserable for you if you let them," Ken said. Adam hushed him.

      "No," he paused, "No, no. We're going to make this the best trip ever. It's California for goodness sakes."

     "Adam, are you talking to, ugh, I don't even want to say her name," Connie spoke loudly. Adam looked threatened.

      "Dean looks like he wants to kill him," Ken whispered to me.

     Adam shook his head. I grabbed the blanket from my lap and covered myself in it.

      "Adam, lean on me," I whisper yelled when I heard footsteps. He did.

      "I'm just talking to Ken," Adam covered. He started to bounce on me, "this pile of bags is super comfortable though. I can fall asleep like this. Would you mind? I'm getting kind of tired."

I held my laughter back. Adam was a dork, wasn't he?

      "Then where is.. she?"

       "Bathroom, pft, I don't know," he added. He got off of me a few seconds later.

     "Okay, it's safe," he said. I took the blanket off of my head and smiled, "I, I'm sorry about that," he stuttered.

      "It's fine," I responded, "I'm scared of Dean too, don't worry."

     At this moment, I wish my friends were here. They wouldn't like Dean at all, and with Lucas, that'd be quite a show.