sixty | new home

F O S T E R G R A Y

F O S T E R
G R A Y

-point place, wisconsin
-point place cinemas

I would lie if I said there was a day I went without texting Adam. I didn't know I could become so easily addicted to someone like that.

Sure we weren't together anymore, but it still felt like we did aside from the fact there was a big barrier between us called distance.

I walked out of the movie theater into the crowded mall. Now that my concussion was finally gone, that meant I could return to work at the movie theater.

School started in a month, and I needed money for some clothes and supplies. My mom had called me last month maybe and said she'd send me some money, but like I said, it's been a month, and I haven't gotten anything.

I walked to the food court where I'd meet up with Isaac who worked at Subway. I eventually found him standing in his usual spot by the huge water fountain, a Subway bag in his hands. I smiled.

Once I reached him he handed me the bag. I thanked him. He's always make me my favorite sandwich. It was my dinner.

The two of us headed out of the mall to the parking lot where his mom and dad waited for us.

"How was work today, you two?" Mrs. Cameron sweetly asked us as we got in the backseat. I set my belongings between Isaac and I on the seat and got buckled in.

"Great, actually. I just, you know, reek of onions and peppers and mustard, which is my favorite thing in the world," Isaac sarcastically responded. I let out a laugh.

"It was pretty good today, Mrs. Cameron, thank you for asking," I sweetly responded. I saw her nod in the front seat as Mr. Cameron started to drive.

"So, Foster, do you want to join us for dinner or do you want to go home?" Mrs. Cameron questioned. I looked down at the warm sub on my lap.

"Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll head home. I have to work on my summer assignment for my history class," I informed her. A saw a smile form on her face.

"Look at you," Mr. Cameron spoke proudly, "honor classes? That's great!"

I heard Isaac sigh from beside me. Mr. Cameron always ragged him about taking honor classes like me, but Isaac has some problems in school and couldn't get into the classes no matter how hard he tried. Of course I felt terrible. Isaac tried to live up to his sister expectations, but in my opinion, he's doing way better than her. At least he's actually trying and not getting through school just by sleeping with people.