A blonde waitress interrupted Alexander to take our drink orders. From the way she only paid attention to Jefferies I could tell she had the hots for him. When she finally left all converstation resumed.

"I don't know what to do, nothing I've tried has worked, that's why I need your help," He looked at Me'Shel who was still texting away, "both of your help."

Me'Shel finally put her phone away. "I am so sorry guys but I have to go." She pushed her chair away from the table before a word could even leave my mouth.

"Um, alright. Well I think I have an idea that's basically guarenteed to work."

Alexander leaned forward across the table, eager to hear my plan, well Renee's plan really but he didn't know that. "Renee told me the first time you went to her place she cooked for you?"

"Pollo Diablo, yes."

"Do you think you can recreate it?"

"That's why I'm here." Jefferies spoke, looking directly in my eyes.

My inner seductress came out, putting on my flirty face, I turned so I was fully facing him. "Care to explain?"

Jefferies flirted back. "I'm an amazing cook. I'll be happy to show you my skills say Friday night at six, my place?"

"I don't have your address."

"I'll send it to you when you give me your number."

"Oooh, you have game."

Jefferies shrugged.

Alexander cleared his throat.

"Right. Set the mood, her favorite color is pale green, she don't do any candles or scents of any kind, but make sure there are flowers somewhere, but if I were you I wouldn't do the bedroom. Even if she forgives you that doesn't mean your gettin' any."

Alexander nodded vigorously at my advice and took notes in his phone. "Thank you s much for your help." He stood to leave.

"No problem, I hope your worth it." And Alexander left, taking my key to Renee's condo with him and leaving me alone at the table with Jefferies.

"Since we hadn't actually ordered food yet and we're now alone, does this count as a first date?" Jefferies asked, leaning towards me.

"You didn't ask me here today so no. This is a friendly get together."

Our waitress came back to the table, her eyes shined when she saw Jefferies still there but when she saw me a little scowl appeared. "Can I take your order, she asked, completely ignoring me.

"Ladies first." He looked to me.

"I'll have a different waitress, please."

The blond waitress looked up from her waiters pad. "What?"

"You clearly want my date and are being rude to me, so I want someone else to take our order." I don't take shit from anyone.

With a huff, the waitress stomped away. A male waiter immediately came to our table and took our order. We talked and had a very nice and very long lunch. I wasn't ready for it to end but I wasn't going to show him my needy side yet either.

Jefferies walked me back to my law firm. "I'll send you my address and see you Friday."

"You will." I gave him a peck on the cheek and walked into the building. I refused to turn around and show him how much I realy like him but I could feel his eyes on me the entire time, and that brought a smile to my face.

Alexander

I checked my watch again, 1:35pm, then decided to go ahead and called Roy. "Hey man, I'm at her place."

"Alright, what time do you need me there? Do you have everything we'll need?"

"I think I got all the ingredients but I didn't want the smell of the food to rub off on the flowers, can you pick them up? I need three dozen summer lilies."

"Yeah, I can do that. Text me her address."

"Okay, be here by 4:30 and thanks again."

"No problem, I just hope this works."

"Me too." I disconnected the call and started preparing. The plan was to eat, have Renee take a long, relaxing bath and them afterwards, rub her feet. I read that frequent swelling is common and with twins, I have no doubt her feet hurt.

When 4:30 arrived Roy knocked on the door with the lilies in hand. While he cooked, I prepared the bath and bedroom for Renee. Six came too quick. I thanked Roy and kicked him out. "Thank you, I owe you one."

"That you do." And with a wave, he was gone.

I put the finishing touches on everything and sat in the kitchen waiting. I constantly checked my watch, Renee was late. It was 6:32 and she still wasn't home.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a key in the door. I stood by the kitchen doorway waiting for her to walk in.

"Oh my God." Renee shrieked.

"Hey, Baby." I kissed her cheek and took her coat and bag. I led her to the table and presented the, thankfully, still hot meal to her.

"Baby, I am so sorry for what I said to you and words cannot express how sorry I am. I have no idea why I said it but if I could I'd take it all back. I've missed you and our babies to the point of heartbreak."

Renee took a deep breathe and looked at me, tears filling her eyes,"I forgive you."

*****

Author's Note:

Thank you for the comments! I enjoy reading your opinions and it encourages me to write more and post sooner.