The Cashier

Do you like the new cover? Or the old one better? I've changed Charlie to Colton. I edited my authors note so read that. I can change names back and covers if you want me to :)

Ambers POV

It's 5:30 a.m. The sun is about to rise and I need to go feed Gatsby. I get up and throw on a sweatshirt, jeans, and a pair of sneakers on. I quietly make my way out the window with my escape rope, not wanting it wake my parents up. I haven't really talked to my dad since the ''incident', at all actually. I don't even know how long it's been, maybe a month. He hasn't touched me since though. Maybe it's because I'm never home and when I am he's sleeping. I was taken out of my thoughts when I reached the barn in the woods.

As I opened the barn door I heard Gatsby whinny and I knew he was excited. I wandered over to him and opened his stall. He nudged me knowing I had snacks in my back for him. I pulled out all the apples and carrots and dumped them on the ground in front of him. It was gonna be warm today so I took off his blanket. I gasped at the sight of his body. I had forgotten he was so skinny, the sight killed me. I need to buy canola oil, hay, and some oats for him, because obviously carrots and apples will not make him fat. I looked at my phone which said 6:45 a.m. Everyone usually wakes up around 9 or 10 a.m. I may have just enough time to run by the store, it can't be too far.

I walk to the store in the faint sunlight and silence. Being the worry butt I am I check my time, 7:25 a.m. I'm almost to the store and hopefully I can just get the stuff and go. I'll need to hurry though because of the time crunch.

I finally arrive at the store. Walking in I saw few people there, although there was a cute cashier. I got a glimpse of him before walking into the grain section. I grab some oats that I think horses can eat and move on the find the canola oil. Then I remembered my old instructor telling me horses can eat granola bars. I head over to snacks and pick up some nature valley honey and oat granola bars. I need some hay but they don't sell hay in grocery stores. I chuckle under my breath. I head to the checkout with the cute guy. Although I already have Colton so I don't need to be flirting with other guys, then again, it is fun.

"Good morning" he says as he checks me out (checks out my items, not my body). I flash him a smile, he seems nice. He sure looks nice. His chocolate brown hair and matching hazel eyes. He was handsome. Maybe some time I will come back and talk to him more, but I really am on a time crunch. I was expecting Colton and me to do is thing today together. "That will be $24.37 ma'am" he smiles. I pay the money and walk out, heading home.

As I was about to make the turn into my neighborhood I was stopped by a familiar face. The cashier.

"Hey, my shift just ended..and um...I was wondering if we could go get some coffee sometime?" He asks nervously. Scratching the back of his neck. I giggle to myself.

"Sure, that sounds great. Do you have a name?" I chuckle. A blush was creeping onto his face.

"Oh yeah! Sorry my names Cody, Cody Bradshaw. And you?" He smirks.

"Amber" I say happily as I reach my hand for a shake. He gladly takes my hand and accepts the shake.

########################

Omg I'm feel so bad for the the super short chapter. I feel like my chapters keep getting shorter. But I try..... His do you feel about this new character?! I'm kind of excited for this. This character could change this story quite a bit. #forshadowing

I've been trying to get my new book going into some action so I've only had time to make this short, I feel bad for not updating. I like updating a lot but I want to make my writing good. Lol. I promise this book will get into how she plans a runaway and crap, like I said this book would be about.....