The lady's eyebrows rose, "Oh?" and I can understand where the surprise was coming from. Keenan Travino left his house and drove all the way to me, "And?" she wondered. I could tell that the intrigue was sincere.

"Apologized for his bullshit," I replied.

Jan, looking comfortable, folded her slim legs beneath her, "Look, this doesn't make me see you less than a friend, Giababes," she said as she took my hands in hers. I came to notice that Janella's a touchy girl—hugging, holding hands, kisses for greetings, "All I have to worry about now is Alicia."

The first line had me melting. The second had me curious, "Thank you. And what about Alicia?" I asked as I squeezed her soft hands once. The long nails are freshly manicured, colored pale purple, whereas mine had been nibbled on, fingers chubby, and palms always fucking wet.

Her answer came quick, "She wants me for her brother," her brows furrowed, a crease appearing in between the pair, "Like... Really wants me for her brother."

I did not know what to respond to that. It's no secret that Keenan's sister dislikes me. The woman doesn't even let me call her by her first name. I shrugged, "She'll have to find out sooner or later."

Janella nodded at the information she already knew, "I'll tell her tomorrow. I'm not one to prolong my problems, you know? I like things out of the way as soon as possible," she said, and I can definitely see it. Janella is unreal. She's too amazing. There, called it.

"Best of luck to you. I'm here if you need anything," I said to my friend. Janella smiled at that.

"I'm also here to invite you to a Halloween party," she told me after a while.

A tight smile pulled at my lips as I shook my head slowly, "I don't really celebrate Halloween anymore," I'm lame, I know.

For the first time ever, Jan looked offended. The woman scoffed and put her hands on her hips, face sporting a livid expression—quite comical, "Excuse me?" she began, "You're never too old to celebrate Halloween."

"I don't know," I shrugged again, "I guess I can look for my old costumes?" Ralph always bugs me to go with him, but I never do. The last time I put on a costume and flaunted was roughly three years ago.

"Sounds good to me," she smiled again, this time brighter, "I was also gonna ask if you wanted to invite Adil. I don't know about you guys right now so I figured I'd ask you before doing anything."

I appreciated that, "Well, I'll invite him myself if I feel like it," and at the topic of Adil, I feel like I should tell Adil about Keenan. They should have equal information.

Janella got to her feet, "Great," said the girl as she stretched, bones cracking when she rolled her shoulders back, "I should go," I wanted to invite the woman to stay for dinner, but I only had a couple nuggets.

I showed Jan to the door which was only an awkward five steps away. We exchanged our friendly goodnights, and before I knew it, she was downstairs starting her car. I was alone again. I never complain about my loneliness, it never really bothered me. I'm good when I'm with friends and I'm also good when I'm alone. Plus, there's my purple teddy bear if I ever get desperate.

I took a detour to my fridge, grabbing a can of soda before proceeding to my balcony. In the same spot before Jan appeared, this time with more mess among me, I scanned one page after another. Everything has room for improvement, or so I believe. Even award winning novels may be improved because if there's one sure thing I learned in my few years of writing, it's that you can never make the perfect book. That's when mentors come in handy. They've struggled with the struggles that the young ones are facing, but if you think that I'll message Keenan for advice, you're dead wrong. I opened our conversation, my status turning green when I did. Instead of composing a cry for help, I dug for old ones.

𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝟏𝟎𝟏 (𝟏𝟖+)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें