Meanwhile, Chronostasis just got bribed.

He hid into an alley to lift up a private conversation with his leader.

"Hey. The girl's on her way to the address. She's walking and doesn't seem to own a car. Now pay me that 20 dollar bill you promised." He spoke quietly into the head piece.

"She doesn't have a car? Who cares, yeah yeah whatever Hari. Once the girl gets here I just need to tell her some business. After that, the money's all yours." The dark voice spoke.

Hari Kurono. Also known as Chronostasis. Close friend of Overhaul and member of the Shie Hassaikai.

___________________

You had arrived at your destination.

Let's just say it was very, different.

It was an averaged size house that looked like it held the perfect family in all of Japan.

Until your boss came out with his daughter following suite.

"Come in L/n. We have things to go over if you're going to watch Eri." He spoke stoically.

"Can't we just talk out here? There's no problem or harm done in that." You said and he stopped.

Eri started to shake. She's never, I repeat never heard anyone talk back to her dad.

The male sighed. "I suggest you just come inside. Now." He spoke sternly which frightened you a bit.

"Alright." You quickly followed the two inside the house.

It looked like an average house on the inside. Big kitchen, spacious living room, stair case and small cozy details.

Is this really this man's house? You thought looking in awe.

"First thing's first. Like I told you yesterday my name is Kai Chisaki. You may address me however you like, expect for boss." He spoke looking at you."

You nodded. "Great I'll call you Kai. Call me Y/n." You pointed to yourself. Kai let out a small 'hum'.

"Eri doesn't have a proper meal time. I don't always know how long my work lasts so you can feed her whenever you like. That includes feeding yourself as well. Everything is in the kitchen." He paused.

"Her room is just down this hall. She takes naps anywhere she feels comfortable. The television is over there and her favorite show's are recorded." You nodded looking in the living room.

"I'm assuming you know the rest about babysitting since you took the job very quickly." He said glaring at you with those golden yellow eye's.

You awkwardly chuckled. "Yup definitely." You smiled at the end hopefully to reassure him.

"Last rule. Do NOT go into my personal work space at the end of the hall. It is forbidden, only for me. If you do and I find out, you're fired." He spoke not kidding at all.

You gulped and stood up straighter. "Of course." You said keeping your guard up. "Wonderful."

"Eri I have to go now." Kai said walking up to pet Eri's head. She looked up at him with scared eyes.

Is she okay? You asked yourself as the scene unfolded.

"I'll be back soon Y/n. Thank you." He stopped at the door frame to glance at you. "N-no problem Kai." You said with pink cheeks.

God why is his voice so hot? Kai closed the door and left with no trace.

"Alrighty then. Hello Eri. My name is Y/n and I will be taking care of you. Do you need anything?" You asked her crouching down to her height.

"I-I want c-cookies." She played with her fingers and faced down. "Okay I can get that for you. C'mon." You stood up and lifted your hand out for her to take.

She gasped and stepped back a little.

Huh? "It's fine Eri. I won't hurt you, I promise." You sweetly smiled and stared at the girl.

She cautiously took hold of your warm hand and you both made your way to the kitchen.

You sat Eri down on the chair, since it was too high for her to reach. Later you found the silver cookie jar by the microwave.

"Here you go Eri." You handed the girl all kinds of different flavored cookies. She immediately dived in for the chocolate chip ones.

This caused you to giggle. "Are chocolate chip your favorite ones?" You said leaning on the counter.

She gazed up at you with a full mouth filled with cookies. Her lips had melted chocolate on them.

"I'll get you a napkin." You laughed and got up to get one.

Once you did you attempted to wipe her face. Eri leaned back before the cloth got to her face.

"What's wrong Eri? Do you not want me to clean you?" You asked her with soft e/c orbs.

She looked down before looking up at you again. "I thought you were going to h-hurt m-me." She whispered, tears starting to form.

This ripped out another piece of your heart. "I will never hurt you Eri. I just want to clean you is all. Will you let me?" You gently asked her.

Eri blinked away her tears and nodded her head. You leaned in to wipe the chocolate off her face.

When you backed away Eri held a chocolate chip cookie in her hand. She lifted it up to your mouth.

You took it from her tiny hand. "Is this for me?" You asked her smiling solemnly.

"Mhm. You can have it Y/n." She took another different flavored cookie from the jar.

"But it's your favorite flavor Eri. I wouldn't want to take it from you." You told her giving it back.

She didn't take it and shook her head.

"I want you to have it Y/n." She spoke nicely giving you the cookie.

You smiled and took it once again. "Alright. Thank you Eri." You took a bite from it.

"Your welcome Y/n. I like you." She whispered the last part so you wouldn't hear.

You didn't.

There's one thing I don't understand. She hasn't smiled.