"Ow yeah about that, I don't think I can go with you to buy something. I need to go to the office and finish some work." I said

"What I thought I already told you to clear this day and for god's sake it's Christmas, Jisooyah! No one works on this day." Rosé said in an irritated tone.

"I did clear my schedule that is why I'm still here this early, but I just need to finish this work. I promise you I will be there and I won't be late. I just can't go with you with the other stuff today."

"But you promise." Rosé said with disappointment

"I know but I just have to go, please understand," I said as I tried to reach her hand but she stood up.

"Fine! Do what you want!" Rosé said and left me alone in the garden.

"Chaeyoung-a, wait!" I tried to follow her until we reached our room but she shot the door, "Yah! Open this!"

I kept on banging the door for her to open it but she kept on resisting.

(Hays, my time would be wasted and I won't be able to arrive on time at dinner if I don't go now.)

"Chaeyoung-a, please understand, I just need to finish this. I promise I'll be at the dinner later." I said but she still did not answer and instead played loud music. "I'll go now."

The moment I arrived at the office I was immediately consumed by my work. I'm the only one at the office since it's Christmas, but I still choose this because we will present everything in February.

(I need to do my best in this.)

Hours have already passed and the sound of my alarm illuminates the silence in the office reminding me to end my work. I set an alarm to be able to remember the dinner because if not I might end up celebrating Christmas here. I'm not yet finished, but I already need to pack my things because I need to change clothes and pick Rosé at the house. I texted her that I'm going home so that she can prepare already.

I'm already at the parking lot and was about to enter my car when my phone rang, which made me pause for a minute to answer it.

*Soojoo*

"Hello?"

"Sooyah" Soojoo replied and her voice cracked.

(Is she crying?)

"Hey, what's the problem? Are you crying?"

"Sooyah, i-it's d-dad."

"Where are you? Send me your location and I'll go there. I'll hang up first so I can drive there."

I hung up immediately and entered my car. While driving I received the message from Soojoo and she is at Kim Hospital. I drive as fast as I can to get there.

"Hey." I called the attention of Soojoo when I saw her outside of the room, "Why are you here?"

I saw her cry the moment she saw me so I gave her a hug.

"It's okay, you can cry. I'm here with you."

I kept on repeating those words to her until she calmed down.

"Are you calm now?" I asked when I sensed that she stopped crying.

Soojoo only nodded and I let go from the hug to face her.

"Do you want to talk about it now?"

She kept silent for a minute so I took that as a no but she suddenly talks.