Chapter 18: Nightmares and Demons Oh My!

Start from the beginning

Suddenly the room shrinked around me. The walls closed in around me as I grew closer to my mother who seemed as good as dead.

Gasping for air, I felt the air as cold as ice as my mother was now right in front of me. Her mouth was open but no sound was going out of it. A small wet drop fell onto my hand. I looked to see it was blood and traced the cause of it to my ears.

Pulling my trembling hand back, I couldn’t help but look up to see my mother was silent. There was no noise at all and I couldn’t move either. She was only about a centimeter far away from me with only a wisp of air between us. What scared me the most was that I didn’t feel her warmth or comfort. It only got colder and more terrifying. There was no intake of breath or exhalation at all. It was just still.

Then she fell on top of me.

I screamed but I couldn’t hear my own sounds of agony.

Suddenly I was pulled out of the darkness of the dream to be in my room with Blaze hovering over me looking at me with concern in his eyes. Shaking, I realized I was still screaming. Wincing, Blaze stroked my hair and was moving his mouth but I couldn’t hear anything but a faint voice telling me that everything was okay.

My breathing sped up as I realized I couldn’t hear anything out of my left ear. Bringing my hand up to that ear I felt the similar liquid that seemed to freak me out so bad that tears came to my eyes. I broke into sobs as I tried to speak. The blood swirled in my mind as the images wouldn’t disappear.

Opening my mouth, another sob broke through my body as I hugged Blaze back. It didn’t matter what he had done, I needed someone to talk to about that nightmare. Tears fell onto Blazes lap and stayed on his shoulder as he tried to steady me.

Looking at him, I saw his nose flare a bit as if he smelled something. His eyes turned darker as he freaked out and pulled away from me. Sitting on the bed, I kept one hand over my eyes and sobbed as I showed him my bloody hand. Everything was so silent and I couldn’t hear from one side. Out of all that could happen, that one thing made everything else a reality.

“Blaze,” I sobbed, looking at him in fear as I showed him my ear.

He gave me a deadly look as he said, “I… let me get your father.”

“But Blaze, please stay,” I whispered, unable if he heard since I could barely hear my own voice.

Tears were brought up to my eyes as I looked at him in need. I needed him there. He was the only one to understand what I wanted and needed.

Sighing, he nodded and slowly made his way towards me.

Sitting on the edge of my bed he didn’t come any closer to me and it was then I realized why. His eyes were dark and his body was arched like one of a predators. He was hungry. Yet I was the one with the blood. Understanding, I nodded for him to leave and with a thankful look, he nodded and disappeared while telling my dad about my ear.

Coming into the room, he looked at my ear and widened his eyes. Running over to me, he asked why my ear was bleeding.

Looking at the ground, I told him, “I was having a nightmare and I woke up to find my ear bleeding. I can’t hear out of it dad.”

“Raven, I’m going to call a doctor,” he said as he hugged me and felt my forehead. It wasn’t until then that I realized my forehead was hot.

“Jeez, you’re burning up! I’m going to get a thermometer and some ibuprofen, hold on,” he exclaimed, grabbing his phone and running out of the room.

Wiping away the tears, I walked into the bathroom to check on how bad I looked and to check my ear. Going inside the small bathroom, I gasped in horror at the reflection in front of me. My hair was knotted everywhere with blood stains smearing over the left side of my head, the same side my ear was bleeding.