Kurt-Last Chapter

Ok, guys this is the last chapter! I am going to be doing an epilogue  and of course, there WILL be a sequel! So, I hope you enjoy

Ariel's POV

“It’s horrible.” I sobbed into Casper’s shoulder, tightening my grip on him.

“It’ll be ok, Ariel.” He stroked my hair, silently letting me get out all the tears I’d held back for Quinn.

“What is that?” I asked, pulling back. I shushed him and listened closely. Running. “Casper, I have to go.” I took off before he could respond, following the sound of what I knew was Quinn running.

I peeked through the trees as she stopped by the waterfall. I bit my lip as a tall man walked over to her.

“Guinevere, it has been a long time.” he said, smiling.

“Not long enough. Where are they?” she snapped, folding her arms across her chest.

“Dead. They’re ash now. Want me to take you to the fire for proof?” he asked, smile broadening and darkening.

“I would feel it if Dom died. I’m connected to his thoughts, remember? In fact, right now, he’s thinking about how to get out.” She shrugged as he growled.

“Then, what about if I have Elena do this?” He laughed as she gasped, clutching her head. I covered my own ears as a piercing sound filled the air.

“Ariel. Get away.” Arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back as Quinn dropped to the ground. I let Casper take me back to the clearing, trying to avoid looking at the man picking Quinn up. I dropped onto the ground, crying.

“What can I do to help?” he asked, rubbing my back as he held me.

“Distract me.” I whispered, tilting my head back to look at him.

“Mm…how was your day?” He smiled hesitantly, pulling back lightly.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. “Horrible. Absolutely horrible. I have to go tell the others but I don’t want to. I know they’ll just start looking around again. I think we need to follow the guy’s scent. You’re a wolf. Dogs are good at tracking. Wolves are cousins with dogs. Ergo…you lead the way.” I gave him a small push back toward the waterfall as his eyes widened.

“What? No. You’re going home and I’ll find her for you. You are not walking right into Kurt’s arms.” Casper growled, holding me back as I started for the water.

“No! Quinn is my friend. She took me in. She cared for me. She helped me. She never needed to do any of that. But she did because she is a really good person who doesn’t deserve this. All I want is to help her and you are standing in my way. If you really cared for me, you wouldn’t try to stop me.” I pointed out, folding my arms across my chest.

“I don’t care for you? Do you not realize who Kurt is? He’s no Dwight but he’s pretty close. He’s killed 2 million of our kind. If you think I’m about to let you waltz into his trap, then you are obviously crazy.”   

Dom's POV

I shushed Alani as she started crying.

“It’s ok. I’m right here. Daddy’s here. I’ll get us out of this as soon as I find out what’s going on.” I whispered to her, trying to smile.

She sniffled and looked at me with eyes that resembled Quinn’s so much.

“Good girl.” I nodded and returned to trying to break my ropes when Kurt came back in, carrying a limp figure. With blond hair.