Death

Still Ariel's Pov

            I opened my eyes, revealing a dark room with only a candle lighting it up.

I looked around, trying to call for help but my throat was too dry and I couldn’t speak. I sat up and glanced at the clock on the wall. It was 4 in the morning.

“Quinny, come on! We have to go!” I heard Dom yell.

I stood and walked over to the door, stumbling down the stairs.

Kitty gasped when she saw me. “Do you remember your name?” she asked, putting her bag down.

“It’s Ariel. What happened?” I reached up to feel my neck, finding a bite mark and gasping. Kitty rushed me into her arms, nodding. “But vampires aren’t real.” I sobbed, hiding my face in her hair.

“Oh but they are, sweetheart. I’m sorry for what has happened. I truly am. But, you mustn’t tell anyone. Understand?” she asked, pulling back to meet my gaze. I nodded, gulping.

Jasmine came into the room, smiling. “You’re awake. You were quicker than I thought you’d be. Kit, where’s my phone?” Jasmine held out her hands as she passed, her high ponytail swinging as she walked. She wore a pair of black sweats with a dark blue tank top underneath and sneakers. She looked ready for a marathon.

“Check the kitchen darling.” Kitty left to go help Jasmine as Artie came down as well.

“Sup, newbie? Welcome to training. First things first, you might wanna change. It’s hard to chase a bear down in a dress.” He bit into an apple as he walked past, not even stopping. I looked down to see I still had on my dress.

“We’ll help you out. The first hunt’s always the worst. I cried during mine.” Kayla grabbed my arm and led me upstairs, Megan and Maci following. They dressed me for sweats, mine a deep green with a black tank top and sneakers. They put my hair into a high bun, smiling at me.

They all wore identical things. They were all in sweats, Kayla a dark blue that matched her eyes, Maci’s pink and Megan’s purple.

“Come on. Let’s see if Chris is ready.” They tugged me out of the room and into another, one I’d never been in before. It was like an ocean.

Christina was sitting at the vanity, in red sweats, applying mascara.

“The squirrels aren’t gonna care if your lashes are long, Chris. Look who finally woke up.” Kayla gestured to me and Christina jumped out of her seat.

“Look, if you see Quinn, I want you to apologize. She’s been beating herself up for the past week and we’ve just convinced her starving herself isn’t doing any good. So, if you so much as bring up that night, I will end you.” Christina glared at me until she was out of sight.

“She’s really protective.” Maci muttered to me, shrugging.

We all went downstairs, where everyone but Quinn and Dom were.

The boys all wore shorts that reminded me of when my brother played basketball, and sleeveless loose-fitting shirts. They were all, of course, ripped.

“Who are we waiting on? Quinn! Dom! Get your butts down here now!” Kitty yelled at the top of her lungs before humming and going back to folding clothes.

“Kitty, please be reasonable. Quinn is still-” Dom came jogging down the steps and froze when he saw me.

“Still what darling?” Kitty blinked several times, just sitting there.

“Dom, could you tie these for me?” Quinn dragged her feet, making the untied shoelaces bump against the ground. She gasped and started trembling when she saw me. She was dressed differently than the rest of us. She had on black short shorts and a black tank top, her hair in a high ponytail that was straight as a ruler.