Sisterly Bonding

Dom's POV

“Daddy! Daddy where are you?” a small innocent voice cried.

I went into the nursery to find a blond little girl with a red mouth. It took me a minute to realize it was blood. Quinn was on the floor, in a pool of blood.

“Daddy I’m sorry.” The little girl looked down at Quinn and smiled a fanged smile.

I gasped as I opened my eyes. It was still dark out. Only one in the morning.

“Dom? Are you ok?” Quinn rolled over, yawning. I hugged her, holding her as tight as I could. Alani kicked, making Quinn jump and pull back.

“Hmm, love you too. I’m going back to bed. Goodnight.” She dropped back onto the pillows and was out like a light in the next second. I chuckled under my breath and brushed a kiss to her cheek before settling back into the bed.

“Daddy.” The little girl came into the room, her blond hair matted with blood now.

“You know she’s gonna die, right daddy? One way or another. If you don’t gain control, you’ll kill her and me, daddy. I don’t want to die.” The little girl, supposedly Alani, I guess, walked over to Quinn and touched her face. It went blue as Quinn gagged, choking. All I could do was watch. “You’re the reason she’ll die. You’re the reason I’ll die. You need to protect us daddy. It’s your job. If you can’t protect mommy then…he gets her.” Alani’s eyes flashed red as she disappeared.

“Dom! Dom!” a voice yelled, something shaking me. I snapped upright and looked around. Daytime.

Quinn was sitting in front of me, eyes wide. “Are you alright?” she whispered as I wrapped my arms around her.

No Alani appeared so I figured I was awake. “Bad dream. That’s all. Listen, I think I should hunt. But I want you to stay here and stay safe, ok?” I took her hands in mine, staring into her blue eyes.

“Whatever it takes. I want you to bring Stefan and Artie though.” She stood up, pulling me with her.

She pressed her lips to mine for a few seconds before opening her doe eyes and looking up into mine.

“Be careful please. I don’t need my husband scratched up.” She gave me another kiss then led me downstairs.

“Hey Quinny. The girls are going to the gym, wanna come?” Kayla bounced over, smiling.

“Sure. In that case, all the boys can go hunting then. Stefan, I’m trusting you to make sure the father of my child does not get harmed, understand?” Quinn leaned over the back of the couch, staring at Stefan as he chuckled.

“Yes ma’am.” He stood up and gave Jasmine a quick kiss before going to get the rest of the guys.

“And you, Dominic, are gonna be super duper careful. I don’t want you to go anywhere near the werewolves. In fact, just stay away from that area completely.” Quinn turned to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, letting me lift her off her feet.

I leaned down to give her a kiss before Jasmine came over and pulled her away.

“None of that. Go get dressed.” Jasmine gave Quinn as small shove up the stairs and ran into the kitchen. Quinn came back down after a few minutes, tying her hair up in a high ponytail.

“Ok. Just remember that you have two girls waiting here for you and this time if you are not back by eight, I’m going after you.” She looked up into my eyes, hers a precious emerald green.

“Same for you. Take care of Alani for me. And yourself.” I kissed her cheek and walked her out to the car, twirling her around.

“Be safe.” she whispered, getting on her toes to give me another quick kiss.

She got into the car and waved until they pulled out of the driveway. Then Jasmine screamed and took off, her tires screeching against the road.   

Ariel's POV

“I don’t get it. Why do we have to work out? Aren’t we frozen like this?” I asked, doing crunches.

“Yes but we can still tone up. We only go the gym once or twice a month.” Jasmine called from the treadmill, running with Quinn next to her.

“So, Ariel. Have you and Rafe talked at all?” Quinn asked as I got on the treadmill next to her.

“Yeah. A few texts here and there. I don’t know though. He seems to have backed off a bit.” I sighed and picked up the pace, eventually going into a steady jog.

“Well do you like him?” Quinn bit her lip and checked her phone for the thousandth time. I think she was texting Dom but her fingers were blurs so I couldn’t tell if she was just seeing if he called or having a conversation with him. She smiled and laughed under her breath.

“Yeah, I guess. But not the way I’m supposed to. If I ever get in a relationship, I want it to be like you and Dom’s. Or Jasmine’s and Stefan’s. Or pretty much all of you guys. The kind that lasts forever. I mean, Collin and Kitty have been together for over a millennium and they’re still in love.” I brushed my red hair back and shrugged, rolling my eyes.

“You’ll find that guy one day, Ariel. Trust me. Ooh, that reminds me. We picked out a name for the baby.” Quinn winked at Kayla, who laughed, then turned to face the room, sliding off her treadmill gracefully.

“What is it?” I asked, stopping mine and jumping off.

“Alani.” she bragged, placing her hand on her stomach.

“Alani Hunt. It fits so well. Hi there little Alani.” Jasmine waved to Quinn’s baby bump and hugged her, gasping. “I think she just said hi back.” She looked down at the bump and smiled, laughing with Quinn.

“Oh this is so exciting! I wonder what her eyes color will be. I mean Dom has those gorgeous blue eyes and yours are kinda all over the place. We know she’ll be blond and tall. Really, really tall.” Maci giggled and went back to her lunges.

“Who do you think she’ll look like? Me or Dom?” Quinn asked, hopping back on her treadmill.

“It’s hard to say. We’ll just have to wait and see.”

Author's Note:

Who do you think Alani will look more like? Quinn or Dom?

Well, as always, I will see you boogles tomorrow. BYEEE!