Stalker

Ariel's POV

“Are you stalking me?” Casper called as I sat down in the clearing. I twisted around to see him.

“Look who’s talking. The guy that spends his Friday nights pacing in front of a house.” I pointed out, shrugging.

“How else would I spend them?” he asked, actually coming and sitting with me.

Every night for the past 2 weeks, I’d come here and talked with him. I’d like to say we’re almost friends now but not quite.

“With your girlfriend. Take her out to dinner or a movie or even on patrol.” I suggested, unsure why I felt jealous at the thought of him with another girl.

“That would be awesome. When I get a girlfriend, I’ll make sure to do those things.” He chuckled and ducked his head, ruffling his hair up.

“What? A real gem like you is single?” I teased, wrapping my arms around my drawn-up knees.

“I know. Werewolves and vampires have one thing in common. We do have soul mates. But we wait for them. So for now, I’m a bachelor.” He held his chin high now, looking into the trees.

“You’d wait for her all this time? Don’t you get lonely?” I asked, resting my chin on my knees.

“Sure sometimes. But I’d rather wait a thousand years for that one girl then date a bunch of random chicks I don’t care about.” He was such a poet sometimes. It was kinda cute.

“What about you? I never see any men over at the house.” He turned back to me from the forest and smiled his crooked grin.

“Single. Kinda. Maybe. I don’t know. On and off with this guy. But I’m pretty sure he dumped me.” I bit my lip and laughed at how stupid I sounded.

“If he’s stupid enough to do that then he doesn’t deserve you.” Casper’s gaze dropped down to the ground as he picked at the grass. I leaned forward, covering his hand with mine. He quickly looked back up.

“I can’t Ariel. My pack means everything to me and this is against the rules.” But even as he spoke, he didn’t stop leaning in.

We almost kissed. Almost. One more second and we would’ve. But then another one of the wolves showed up to take over for Casper.

We broke apart before he could see. Casper helped me up and gave me a light push toward the house, walking over to the growling wolf.

He clamped his hand down on its muzzle and disappeared into the trees. A few seconds later, there was a howl.

It was the cry of a lonely wolf.    

Dom's POV

“There’s your baby. Today, you’re officially four months along.” Kitty turned to screen so we could see little Alani then handed us the photo.

Quinn giggled and stood up, placing her hand on her baby bump. It had gotten bigger. It was visible at all angles. She still looked beautiful though.

“I’ll be right back, my love.” She kissed my cheek and disappeared upstairs.

“Only five months to go.” Kitty squealed, clapping and walking out of the room to find Collin.

I went upstairs to see Quinn staring at all the photos, tears in her blue eyes. I silently sat beside her and wrapped my arm around her, smiling.

“I can’t wait to see her Dom. To be able to hold her in my arms. To be able to tell her that I love her and get a response. I don’t know if I can wait five more months. I want her now.” she breathed, smiling.

“Me too. But we have to wait. Unfortunately. Just a little while longer.”

3 months later

“Put it right there! A little to the left. Higher.” Quinn instructed as we hung the project she’d been working so hard on. It was all of Alani’s ultrasound pictures put together into one frame.

“Perfect! Now little Alani can see herself before she goes to sleep.” Quinn took a swig of blood then turned and walked out of the room, coughing.

I followed her out, nodding at Stefan when he passed. I rested my hand on Quinn’s bigger baby bump. She coughed again and ran for the bathroom.

“I thought the morning sickness was over.” I said, confused as I held her hair up.

“It is. I don’t know what’s going on.” She stood up and brushed her teeth before groaning and gripping her stomach, gasping. Her shaking hands flew to the sink to hold herself up as she coughed up blood.

“What’s wrong? What’s happening?” I asked, turning for the door.

I was caught. I didn’t want to leave her like this but I had to get Kitty and Collin. What if Alani was dying and needed help? But then again what if Quinn only got worse. So I settled for yelling out the door.

They both appeared and gasped at the sight of Quinn, who was still coughing up blood.

“It’s time!” Kitty cried, smiling.

“For what?” I ran over to my wife, moving her hair out of the way.

“The baby’s coming. It’s early. Come with me, Quinny.” Kitty held out her hand, pausing when Quinn didn’t react.

Quinn screamed and doubled over, squeezing her eyes shut.

“I know it hurts but we have to go unless you want to give birth in your bathroom!” Kitty snapped, grabbing Quinn’s arm and carrying her into the medical room.

I raced over to the bed as Quinn reached out for me.

“Dom, you need to calm her down. Sweetie, you just have to wait a few more minutes ok? Tell me when you get another contraction.” Kitty patted her hand and took out a stopwatch and notepad, sitting down. Quinn screamed again.

“I’m guessing that was one?” Kitty scribbled something down and started the watch, humming.

“Ugh! Would you stop that stupid noise and do something?” Quinn yelled, trying to sit up but only ended up falling back onto the pillows.

“Honey, you’re not ready yet. In fact, maybe another minute or two and you can start pushing ok?” Kitty tapped her pen against the notepad, sighing happily.

“Memories.” She looked up at me then smiled.

“Ok, I think we’re ready to go. Dom, you’re gonna want to take her hand there and try your best not to scream when you hear a snap. Quinn, you are gonna give me a nice big push on the count of three. Ready? One, two, three.”   

Author's Note:

Quinn's in labor! Ahh!

Ok, so that's it for this chapter. I will see you boogles in the next one. BYEE!!