Movie Night

Quinn's POV

“Hmm, what about Athena?” I suggested later that night to Dom. We were thinking of her middle name now.

“Alani Athena Hunt? Maybe. Why don’t we decide this later on? I haven’t seen you all day.” He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me off my feet, smiling as I squealed.

“I know. I missed you so much.” I giggled, tangling my fingers in his hair.

“Me too. I missed the both of you. I have an idea. Why don’t we ditch dinner and go to the movies? Just us three.” Dom set me down, placing his hand on my baby bump.

“That sounds perfect. But you’re buying.” An hour later, we were in the theater, watching a cartoon. It was a rerun of Shrek 2. I was sitting on his lap, with my arm wrapped around his neck. Dom was nuzzling my neck, completely ignoring the movie.

“We’re supposed to be watching the movie.” I whispered, reaching up to tangle my fingers in his hair. He scoffed and settled back down in his seat, rolling his eyes.

Alani kicked the second Dom’s hand fell off my stomach. She kept kicking until I grabbed his hand and put it back on my baby bump. She stopped immediately.

I laughed, staring down at her. He looked at me like I was crazy.

“I think she likes your touch.” I whispered, giggling. He leaned down to press a kiss to my bump, smiling.

“Calm down little one.” He chuckled and kissed my cheek when I buried my face in his shoulder. She seemed to listen to his words. She didn’t move again for the rest of the night.

It was when I’d finally gotten into bed, stretching out and yawning that the activity started.

I’d almost fallen asleep. Dom’s arm was around me, my head resting on his chest. Then she went frantic.

I groaned and sat up.

“What do you want?” I whispered to her.

“What’re you doing? Is Alani ok?” Dom quickly sat up, hand going on my stomach. She settled down after one final kick.

“Ugh! Great, now she won’t stop kicking unless you’re touching her. Brilliant.”   

***

So she was ok during the day, when I was moving. But every time I sat down, she would go crazy. At night, she wanted Dom’s hand right over her and she would kick to let me know her exact location.

Dom thought it was hilarious and adorable and that she was just a daddy’s girl but he obviously didn’t have to deal with a baby kicking all day long. “

You love your daddy, don’t you Alani?” he cooed one night, stroking my growing bump.

Now it was noticeable but only when I turned to the side.

“Don’t remind me.” I mumbled, folding my arms across my chest.

“What’s wrong this time?” he asked, looking up at me.

“Nothing. Nothing. It’s just not fair.” I whined, pouting.

“What?” He pushed my hair back from my face, making sure to keep his other hand on my stomach.

“She loves you but she hates me. I’ve tried substituting your hand with mine and she won’t have it. What does it say about me if my own daughter hates me before she’s even born?” I covered my face, feeling tears well up.

“Hey. She doesn’t hate you. Maybe I’m warmer than you are.” he teased, tugging at my wrists.

“Why are you laughing? This is a serious discussion. My daughter, our daughter, hates her own mother.”

“She does not. Look at me. Alani loves you. How could she not? I don’t think anyone could hate you, my sweetness.” He chuckled, cradling my face in between his hands.

For the first time, she didn’t kick when he moved his hand away.

“How do you know she doesn’t hate me?” I whispered, staring up into his light blue eyes.

“Because sometimes a guy just has a feeling. Like when I had the feeling like I’d met the girl I needed to spend the rest of my life with. Or when I just knew it was the right time to propose. Or when we both thought Alani was a girl. All of those moments didn’t come with guarantees until they happened. So you can trust me when I say Alani does not hate you. She loves you. Just like I do.” He pressed his lips to mine, smiling.

“Ok fine. I’m gonna believe you just the once cause I’m exhausted and I want to go to sleep.” I dropped back onto pillows, rolling onto my side. He laughed and ruffled up my hair, knowing it would annoy me. “Hey! You know I hate it when you do that.” I complained, smoothing my blond locks down again.

“I know. But I love it.”   

Megan's POV

I sighed as Artie stood up, yawning.

“Mm, I don’t to wake up yet.” I moaned, cuddling a pillow to my chest.

“We have to. I have an idea. Let’s go out. Get away from all the drama of Quinn and Alani. Just get away.” Artie suggested, pulling me up.

“Sounds like fun. When do we leave?” I asked, jumping off the bed.

“Now. Get dressed.” He gave me a little push toward the bathroom. I quickly showered and got dressed then ran back out. We jumped out the window, into the trees of the forest.

“Where to now, Romeo?” I asked, leaping into his strong arms.

“I was thinking Cali, maybe Hollywood or LA?”

Author's Note:

Aw, cute little moments.

Well, that's it for today boogles. I know, sucky chapter. But maybe if I feel guilty enough, I'll post again. But for now, BYEE!!