Chapter Twelve

*Your P.O.V.*

It had been about a week since the world meeting in France, and I still was feeling embarrassed for what happened with Germany. I was such an idiot for thinking he'd really want to be romantically interested with another nation- and I wasn't just an other nation, I was a brand new nation without any set placing within my own country, let alone with any other country.

Oh, I had never felt so foolish in my entire life. I even want to run and hide when I get his emails about the assignments we have before the next work meeting.

Speaking of which, he had just emailed more pamphlets that I needed to loo through before our next meeting in two weeks.

Email is the only way I have ever had to contact Germany, and I wanted to reach out an apologize- but I was too nervous. Would it be unprofessional to reach out and apologize? Would he think I am even more foolish than I was before?

It was all too much to think about.

I looked at the time. It was one in the morning.

Of course, he's awake doing extra work.

I let out a long yawn. It was late, and I didn't even know why I was still up. I had already had a long day of law revising, and now I'm being sent more documents to look through. My eyes were too tired.

I shuffled up my paperwork and cleaned up the rest of my office, before I heard several gun shots.

What the hell was that?

I was hesitant to go out, so I grabbed my own handgun before approaching the door, but when I tried to open it, it was forced shut.

"You seem confused..." I heard a voice behind me comment.

I turned around to see Turkey who seemed to enter through my office window. I felt my whole-body freeze, as I knew my small nation was under attack, and I had no allies around.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I gulped.

"Now, now, now, did you really think you would be able to escape me just like that? Because some document was signed that you were truly free? You cannot be that naive...I'm here to get you back," he chuckled, as he took a few more steps towards me.

I tried to aim the gun at him, but he was swift and knocked it out of my hands.

He chuckled more. "No use fighting, you're coming with me."

With quick movement he grabbed me by the waist and jumped back out the window into a bed of a vehicle. I felt him force something onto my face, and I blacked out from there.