(7)

Ellie:

Just seeing him standing there, infront of me, was making my blood boil. Scarlet felt me looking at someone behind her and turned towards the intruder.

"Good morning, Mr. Stevens"

"Good morning, Scarlet. I was hoping to meet Zack, but I see he is preoccupied?" He questioned Scarlet while eyeing me up and down. I wanted to slap his eyes of me. I could not believe that he had the audacity to stand there and even look at me.

"He is in a meeting. He will probably be getting free any moment now. You can wait for him if you want to."

"Are you waiting for him too?" He asked looking towards me and smirked.

Scarlet looked at me, and just by the expression on my face, she knew that something was not right. Maybe I was not trying to be discreet about the hatred I had for the person standing there and smirking at me.

"Actually Eleanor has been waiting for long, so she was just leaving. I will be back in some minutes, you can wait for Mr. Russo, he will be here soon." Scarlet answered for me.

"Come on, I will drop you to your car." She said to me while grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the lift.

I was literally shell-shocked after seeing Nolan Stevens. It had been years, since I last saw him but he still seemed to be the same asshole, he had been in the past.

I let Scarlet drag me away from that fucked up person, because that was better for all of us, that I didnt stay in his 10 meter radius.

Scarlet took me to the kitchen instead of the parking lot, as she knew that I was not planning to go back home, I was planning to stay and meet with my brother. She just looked at me, waiting for me to cool down or talk to her. I loved her for not being some nosey person and trying probe the details out of me. After few seconds she realised that I was better, atleast enough to answer her.

"Water? Juice? Coffee?"

"Water, cold."

"Coming right up!"

She said cheerfully, hoping to get my spirits high as well.

My day could not have gone worse. It was like some supernatural power was plotting against me. I just wanted to run away and hide somewhere until this weird bad phase ended. I could not help but be angry at Zack, why did he still have enough relations with him when he knew that we were not friends anymore? The sane part of me was still telling me to not put the blame on Zack, when he didnt even know why everything ended between Nolan and I. Only thing anybody knew, except the both of us, was that we both just drifted apart after high school. If only they knew his true face.

"Here's your water."

Thanking Scarlet, I took the glass of water and gulped it down. Feeling the cold water going down my oesophagus, praying that it will calm me down too, enough to get out of this hiding place.

I was not supposed to be a coward. My mother always taught me that the person, who is right, should never hide or should lower the voice down. Instead he was supposed to be ashamed of his doings or atleast look remorseful. I was astounded with his behaviour.

"Mr. Russo will be getting out of his meeting soon, I should get back to my desk. Can't let him have any points to fire me, now can we?" She said jokingly,  trying to get me to smile.

"Yes, you should go. And you know that he will not fire you, you guys are too much in love for that." I said, quite lost in my thoughts.

Scarlet's pale skin turned tomato red, she tried her hardest to cover her face with his bangs, but failed.