(4)

Austin:

Something was wrong. I could sense it, maybe i was just scared of Dad, because he was really aggravated when he called me, or maybe it was because Eleanor was behaving weirdly. Something still didnt set right. I needed to ask someone or atleast Ellie, about whats going on.

Thinking this, i saw as Ellie got into the lift ascended towards the building, leaving me in the parking lot with my thoughts. Shaking my head and trying to calm myself i walked towards the other lift and pressed the button.

While waiting for the lift, I thought about the thing that could go wrong. Maybe Dad was tired of me partying all the time and he wanted to give a piece of advice or maybe punishment, maybe he was tired of all the work in the office and he wanted me to join him, which by the way i happily would, becaue i have done my degree and i know that this is the place i have to end up. What still confused me the way Ellie was behaving, maybe something happened at her home she was tensed about. I hoped everything is well with her.

Me and Ellie had a frenemy kind of thing between us. She hated the way i behaved with the girls, which i believe is justified to an extent, i was the person who left them after a night stand, but to my defense, they always knew what they were getting into, still they got their hopes up, not my fault. This was the enemy part, now the "fr" part, we are not much of friends, but we still had this amusing banter between us, we both were sassy and we didnt let a moment pass to let the other person know that.

Thinking about all this, i didnt even realise, that the lift was already on the first floor and it stopped, maybe someone wanted to go up. I put my hands in my pockets and looked upwards as the lift opened, and saw Ellie standing in front me. As i felt a soft smile speard on my face, i saw the frown deepen on her face. I dropped the smile seeing that she was not in the mood, i really hope everything is alright with her.

She looked at the other lift, maybe it was way up and she had to wait for it that is why, she eventually decided and entered the lift.

"Which floor?"

"20th."

I pressed the button to close the door as the button to 20th floor was already pressed because i was going up there. Maybe Dad called her as well, to give her some advice about the business. Was it her first day here? I really wanted to ask her, but i had no idea if she will answer or get more annoyed then she already was.

I looked at her face and saw she had her eyes closed while she leaned on the wall of the lift. Her normally smiling face was in a deep frown and it seemed like a tension cloud was surrounding her. Her eyes were seriously puffy, which she didnt even try to hide with makeup, nor she had her normal liner on, which means that she didnt even had the energy to put some makeup on. Now i was really getting concerned about her. Okay we were not best friends but atleast i could ask her if she was okay. After contemplating that for some seconds and seeing that we were already on 12th floor i completely turned towards her.

"Eleanor?"

She opened her eyes and looked at me, even her eyes didn't have the normal spark, she looked really tired. I was so confused seeing her this way, i just met her couple days ago and she was completely alright.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"When was the last time you met your Dad?" She asked.

What a weird thing to ask.

"The day before i met you at the cafe. I have been staying at my friends because we had a friend's birthday party to plan and execute. Why are you asking me that? And you didnt answer if you were okay or not?"