"Anyways that was when I started piecing everything together.

The whole threat of the Mighty Fives knowing the location of our weapons so that the club would put the blame on the unsuspecting prospects. O'Reilly causing a rift between me and Luke, using Dickory and Chancellor to throw me off your scent which was genius by the way, I almost fell for it."

I was just waiting for the right time to let those sons of a gun know how betrayal tasted, up until mamba told me his findings this morning.

"Motherfucker you knew all along." She whistles. "But yet here you are." She states with a casual shrug. "Why would you let yourself get arrested?" Her blonde hair bobs as she tilts her head to the side in confusion, trying to figure out my play. "Unless.... You wanted to get arrested." Bingo. "You wanted to buy your way out." Not bad at all.

How did the blonde figure out she was beautiful?
The men told her.

"So what, Jesse suddenly bring out the good boy in you? The promise of white picket fence and the family you've never had?"

Ouch.

Or maybe I realized I was changing into this monster overnight. Maybe the fact that I'm 26 but have spent 30 months combined in jail the equivalent of two and a half years. You just don't up and leave, I needed to buy myself out somehow.

"Maybe, maybe not, you'll never find out." I reply coldly. But something piqued my interest however. "Since I've told you all mine, why don't you tell me all about the deal with D.S. Brooklyn's guys."

"Drunken night with my ex." She shrugs.

Not what I expected but okay.

"What? A girls got a life you know?" I raise my hand in surrender. "Anyways he tells me about this murder investigation on the Devil's Sons Brooklyn. So I decided to cash in on that. Give me D.S. Stocker and you don't go down for life. Well they chose right."

No they didn't but at least now I know why they did it.

"So witness protection huh?" A look of horror covers her face and I release a low laugh.

"Oh I'm sorry was that supposed to be a secret?" I zip my mouth shut with my fingers and put the key in my pocket. "I'm guessing Leandro, if that's even his real name's status as an undercover is supposed to be a secret too?"

If I had instinctual doubts before, I don't anymore as the priceless look on her face has answered the question.

"I hope you know that whatever happens to all four of them, is on you. Their blood is on your hands and all for what, a tap on the back from your bosses? They were dead the moment you sent them in as rats." I watch as her hands literally begins to shake, tremors racking her body as a look of horror plasters her face.

To make matters worse for ADA Cox, Harrison arrives guns blazing.

"Counsel I'll have you know that my client didn't give permission to be questioned without his lawyer present therefore whatever you've gotten from him before my arrival is not admissible in court." He sets his bag on the table and takes a seat next to me. ADA Cox still in shock. "Hello bruiser." Harrison waves to me and I nod my head in greeting to him, both of us staring at Cox. "If that'll be all counsel."

A moment later she stands up shakily, clutching her purse and the files she had in hand. She takes slow steps before abruptly stopping and glancing back at me.

"Was it painless?" I give her a 'what do you mean?' look. "Ashton, was it painless?" I manage a small nod to her, it was. "See you at trial." With that, she leaves.

"You have anything to do with what just happened?" Harrison asks.

"Maybe a tad bit." I reply and he bursts into laughter. "What am I looking at Harrison?"

"I'd say me but I know that's not the answer to your question." I give him a blank stare.

Why did the lawyer become hated? He opened his mouth.

"Anyways, weapons smuggling, carrying without license, intent to sell are the charges. Nothing less than 5 years bruiser." I rest my chin on my closed fist, mulling over the new information. "They're also looking at remand before trial, it's your third strike." Ouch. "Luke also wants me to tell you that they've made protection arrangements with the Yardie Boys on the inside." I mumble a reply, my thoughts reeling in on going back to that place.

"You have pen and paper?" Harrison hands the items to me and I quickly draft a small instruction to be delivered to mamba stating some things I needed him to do for me.

This was about to be my life now.

Losing my freedom to buy my freedom.