"You came all the way here to Mumbai to attend a party? Where are the kids?"

      "I-Nikhil..."

      "Let's go some place private." He grabbed her elbow and paved through the crowd. He let her go when they reached an empty corner.

     "You are here in Mumbai and you didn't even think of calling me??? I am your husband, am I not?"

    She sighed. "Nikhil, we're not really husband and wife."

      "Janvi, I love you and yet you have pushed me away. All I did was to help you. And for nothing."

     "I am very grateful for all that you have done for us Nikhil. I would pay it back in any way I can if you need help from me in return. But the truth is we have filed for anulment." She said.

Nikhil swiped a hand through his hair. "Come here..." He placed two hands on her waist and pulled her closer. "All I want is you."

      "Can I have a kiss? Just one kiss. For all that I have done for you. A kiss is enough." He pleased.

    She wanted to refuse. But he was pleading her. It was just a kiss she thought. Just one and maybe she could escape him.

***

Veer rushed behind them pacing through crowds but they were there there a moment and the next he had lost them. He looked for them and Janvi caught his eyes. She was in an empty corner surrounded by plants. He felt himself getting worse as she saw form so close to Nikhil, her husband. And then she leaned and kissed him and he looked away.

   He felt like he was invading a private moment. They were married after all. He chest heaved in laboured breaths and he clenched his fists about walked to the bar.

  What he saw there, boiled his blood. He saw Sakshi in a revealing red dress obviously drunk and leaning over a guy. His vision saw red. A man was trying to take advantage of his sister.

    All the events of the night fuelled his anger, Siddharth, Janvi and now Sakshi. He strided across the room and pulled the guy away from his sister and punched him.

    ***

       Dhruv sat at the bar with his soda and sipped it. He had gotten an invite. He wasn't planning on attending but he was bored at home. It was one of those weekends that Kushi was busy with her college. Or else they skyped or watched a movie together and had an online date.

      Suddenly the chatters were louder and he saw all the older guests whispering and pointing towards the stairs. He almost spat out his soda. He didn't think he would find Sakshi here. She was one of his clients. But she seemed so off, he thought. .

    He had known her since three years but he knew that that red dress wasn't her style at all. And she seemed tipsy.

    She stumbled on the last step and he caught her before he fell. "Woah! Can you stand?" He asked. She nodded and he pulled her to her feet till she stood.

   "I'm sorry, I might be drunk but you look awfully like my therapist." She slurred.

     He laughed. "Yes, it's me, Sakshi. Dhruv Kapadia at your service."

      "Oh. I wasn't wrong. Thanks for coming."

     Her eyes drooped. She seemed so drunk. "Why don't we grab a drink?" He  caught her elbow and directed her to the bar. He ordered a lime soda for her.

    "I don't want a lime soda! I want wine!" 

    "Trust me. You need a lime soda more than a glass of wine." He said as he held her swaying form.

         Out of the blue, he was pried away from the bar and his jaw exploded abd he keeled on the ground. As the pain subsided he looked at someone who punched him, "What the fuck!" He said. The guy pulled up another punch and almost lost his balance.

     He found spots in his vision. Suddenly Janvi was beside him. "What are you doing?!" She yelled.

     "That guy tried to take advantage of my sister!" He yelled back.

       "I did not!" He sputtered through the pain and blood.

       "He's my brother-in-law Dhruv! He would never do that!"

       "It's true. He didn't. Veer." Sakshi said grabbing his hands.

     ***

  "What is going on?" It was Siddharth. Sakshi saw the disappointment in his stare. He looked at her in disdain.

    He handed an arm towards Dhruv and pulled him up. "Are you okay?" He asked. Dhruv nodded even though his mouth was sputtering blood.

    "Everyone. My study. Now." That's all he had to say. The whole group followed him inside his study.

       He dialled the telephone, "Send an ice pack and a first aid box."

      He cut off his phone and looked at everyone inside the room. Janvi stood beside Dhruv. Veer stood beside her.

     "What happened that you needed to attack our guests?" Siddharth turned towards Veer.

     "It's not his fault." Janvi said.

    "What happened Veer?"

     "I should be asking the questions here!" Veer snapped.

      "And I'll answer any questions. What are you hinting at?" Siddharth said through gritted teeth.

     "My sister in this state and I find this guy trying to feel her up. Where were you?!"

    "I wasn't feeling her up for God's sake! I am her-" Dhruv said and Sakshi cut in between.

    "He's my friend. He was just trying to sober me up. I leaned on him because I couldn't stand. Veer please stop accusing him." She ranted. She looked at Siddharth who looked more mad. His jaw ticked.

    "That still leaves the question, where were you?!"

     "That's none of your business. Your sister is not a child! She's an adult. She should behave like one too and not show up to a party she's hosting drunk out of her mind and embarrassing all of us!"

      Sakshi flinched. His words had hurt her more than she would've liked.

       "Stop blaming my sister! She's never like this! What about your embarrassing deed? With Myra was it?!" Veer retorted.

       She remembered Myra. It was the same girl at the hotel and the one who showed up in the same saree as hers. She felt her blood boil. To think her marriage was aired out like dirty laundry was embarrassing. And he said nothing. What broke her was Siddharth didn't defend himself.

    "We should call it a night." She said. "I'm sorry on behalf of my brother Dhruv." She said and walked out of the study towards her room.

****

    A/N: vote and comment. All I wanna say is that I read all of your comments and they inspire me to write more so thank you.