Chapter Eleven

It was surprising. Janvi felt his warm lips on hers and all her inhibitions melted away. It was as if she was tired for so long and his lips felt like a jolt of relaxation. She didn't even know she wanted this but she did.

The kiss wasn't magical. It never was with Veer. Their kisses were so much more that magic seemed a subpar term to describe it.

Her hands moved over his chest and she explored the planes of his chest as his mouth moved over hers.

She snapped out if it as her cooker gave out a loud whistle. She pulled away with wide eyes.

  He frowned and sat up. "I am so sorry-"

    "No. No. It was fine." The cooker whistled again. "Oh the cooker."

   She touched her lips. The air seemed so awkward. He didn't want them to drift away again. She bent down and kissed him and pulled away. "It's fine. Let's do more of that."

The cooket whistle the third time and she ran to the kitchen.

Her face flamed and it wasn't from the heat in the kitchen. She liked that and she wanted more of his kisses. Her mind niggled about the kids. She wondered if she should tell him about them.

     "You smell really nice, you know that?" He said with all smiles as he leant  on the door frame.

   "And you stink. You know?" She laughed and turned back to cooking as he left for the bathroom she presumed.

     When she finished her cooking,she turned off the gas.

    "Need help?" He asked.

     "If you don't mind."

     They silently cleaned while bumping once a while. But Janvi noticed that the silence was comfortable and not awkward at all. As she finished her part, she fixed up two plates of breakfast and laid them out in the balcony table.

     They sipped their coffee as the city got warmer and busier and noisier. "Aren't you getting late?" He asked her.

   "My job is to babysit you. I am doing that." She joked.

     He chuckled. "That's fair. It is ironic though."

      "How?"

      "Remember when we first met, I had my men behind you, tracking you and now you are doing that to me."

     "Ahh." Janvi said and laughed.

***

    The day went as smoothly as it could. But as the day came to an end she felt a sense of unnerving set in. He would go to meet Gargi now. They were still dating secretly. Janvi found heaviness set in his chest.

    Veer was escorted to the car and he sat in and the door was shut. Vikram drove the car without even a prompt.

   "Drive back to the house Vikram." He said.

  A small smile crept on Janvi's face.

***

       Sakshi tried her twin's mobile and he picked it up after two ring. "What?" He asked annoyed.

   She rolled her eyes, "Finally! Why won't you pick up?"

      "I just came home. I had a busy day. What's up?"

       "You didn't reply to the party invite I sent?" 

         "What invite?"

          "It's my wedding anniversary. My in laws have hosted a party at their mansion. You have to be there!" She said her motherly tone.

        She heard him groan, "Why??????"

    "Because they're sponsoring 80% of your campaign. Just show your face and leave. For me? Please."

       "Fine. Fine. I'll be there. Is there a dress code or some shit?"

         "Red and black. Party starts at 9. Be there!" She cut the phone and sighed  .

   She scrolled through her iPad and went through the arrangements once again. Her in laws were hosting the party in name but somehow she had to do all the arrangements by herself.

    Her fingers itched to call her husband and remind him of the party tomorrow. She remembered their awkward meeting at the hotel last time and decided against it.

    There was a knock at her door, and she walked to open her door. "What is it ?"

    The man handed her a box, "This came for you madam."

   "Thank you!" She said and closed the door.

    Sitting on the bed, she opened the box. There was a card on top which said, "From Siddharth."

     She pulled the wrapping paper apart and saw a dark shimmering saree folded neatly inside. She took it out and unfolded it and pulled an edge over her shoulder and walked to the mirror.

     Well the saree was good, she thought. She was wondering what to wear tomorrow for the party. She couldn't believe that her estranged husband had sent her a saree. It seemed too good to be true. But she swiped her hand through the material. Yet it was so real.

   She decided that she would wear it tomorrow.

***

       When Janvi entered the mansion, the party was in full swing. She went through the floral arches and entered the house. She decided to wear a black halter neck long dress. She looked around for anyonr familiar and saw Sakshi waving at her.

       "Thank you for coming." She said pulling her in a hug.

        "Happy anniversary!" Janvi hugged her back.

        "Thank you. So the bar is there. The buffed is on the other side-" Sakshi stopped in mid sentence.

     Janvi looked in the direction that Sakshi was looking at. There was a woman emtering the party wearing a black saree. The woman looked around and a smile lit her face as a tall man walked towards her, they hugged.

  Janvi looked at Sakshi again who looked calm. But she knew there was a storm brewing inside her. She then noticed that the woman and Sakshi were wearing the same saree. Her eyes widened and Sakshi smiled at her, "Just help yourself Janvi, I'll be right back." She left her and walked up the stairs.

    Janvi walked to the bar and ordered a whiskey.

     "Janvi?! What are you doing here?"

      She turned around to find Nikhil staring at her and alarms rang in her mind.

***

A/N: Vote and comment.