[Chapter 26] "My Hero"

Previously:

The two idiots are sleeping on me with a red face indicating that they have been crying. I smile and flick them both on the head which startles them and makes Jean fall over. They both look at me and give me a hug that could probably kill a bear.

I look outside and drop my head downwards.

(Ellie) - "All good things must sadly come to an end."

(End)

_____________________________________________________

*Alderam P.O.V.*

So I had an interesting experience, to say the least. We agreed to 'have the ceremony' in human forms but... I have no experience with women! I wasn't a playboy by any means in my previous life and now I am a dragon that could easily destroy kingdoms without any issue! It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be considering that Hikari is bad-shit crazy most of the time.

I don't know how reptiles are supposed to reproduce but with how awkward it was I doubt that it was normal. I'm going to stop talking about this so I don't go into detail about what exactly happened. This isn't an R18 novel after all. Gotta keep it family-friendly if you know what I'm saying. 

Who knew that a (DONT ASK) year old dragon was a virgin. She must've been lonely enough on her floor to go after anything which was me. A weeb in the body of a 'feared' dragon. I look to my left to see a sleeping Hikari with a huge smile on her face. I better not wake her up considering what I have seen in the years we have spent together. 

I turn into my dragon form so I can fly up from the treasury. Walking seems so un-natural and it feels nice to spread my wings every morning.

When I reach the top into the main cave, I am greeted with one of the worst sights. A bunch of dead mammal carcasses lay on the ground in front of me. My eye twitches as I realized who's cave this was.

(Parthenia) - "Adequate morning young Alderam, I had made thou breakfast!"

Who doesn't love to wake up from a nice rest to see dead animal carcasses for breakfast? At least she tried, so I just used my fire breath to cook the food that was still edible as there were flies circling around some of the... ogres?

What made her think that ogres are a good breakfast? I've tried all different kinds of food before to see if dragon taste buds are different, and by no means are ogres a delicacy. I guess she went around and killed everything that was moving to try to give us a 'wedding gift'. I try to put on a smile but it's hard considering what lies in front of me.

(Alderam) - "Heh, thanks Parthenia, I appreciate the... food."

I start to dig into some of the more 'edible' pieces and they aren't as bad as I thought they would be. I don't want to brag, but I could burn something to perfection. I hear some rumbling behind me and turn around to see a lunging Hikari tackle me. She nuzzles under my chin as we finish tumbling around the cave.

(Alderam) - "How many times have I told you to not tackle me!"

(Hikari) - "Aww, I couldn't resist! It's now official, we are now mates!"

She gets off of me and turns around to the scene of dead things littered around the cave. Oh boy, what is she going to say about this? I tried to be nice but Parthenia and Hikari don't have the best chemistry due to their pasts.

(Hikari) - "Hmph, It's not like I want to thank you or anything."

Since when is Hikari a tsundere and why is she not... oh ya, dragon things. I go back to eating and I see Hikari take an entire cow in her mouth while Parthenia isn't looking to then swallow it whole before she looks back.