I just want him to stop thinking that I'll leave.

I sigh when the sound of my ringtone pulls me out of my thoughts and I fish it out of my pocket. I check the screen seeing pops written in bold and I don't hesitate to pick up.

"What's up, pops."

"Your pops doesn't matter now that you've made up with your lil boyfriend?" is what he says instead of greeting me back and I have to laugh at his remark. He couldn't do anything else instead of hopping on to straight facts? This man never fails to amaze me.

"Why do you say that" I ask him knowing full well what he's talking about.

"You were supposed to call when you landed and it's been three days. You ain't land yet?" he questions seriously as I try to hold my laugh in by pressing my balled-up fist over my mouth.

"That's what got you worked up? Well, I did land three days ago. My bad I didn't call, I was a little busy" I unhesitatingly take the blame and he scoffs once more on the other end. I was heavily distracted by everything, no, not everything precisely, just Jake. I've invested these past 72 hours on Jake and Jake only. He's been alone for three months long and I wanted to give him the break he deserves so all he had to do was rest as I took care of everything.

"Busy doing the right thing? I hope your ass ain't back there doing drops like you don't get money every end of the month" he says going into full parent mode and it makes me sigh. Here comes the lecture.

"I ain't doing drops, pops. Don't worry about it" I tell him truthfully and he hums before mimicking me in a voice that doesn't sound like me at all.

"So how's everything going....how's Jake. Y'all made up right?" he asks calling him by his name for the first time. He must've meant it when he said he'd try to accept all of this.

"Yeah he's aight, we talked" I state thinking of what to say. I always brag about girls that I get with in front of my dad, but when it comes to Jake, it's different. Not embarrassing, but different. I don't have a word to describe it and shy doesn't even come close. I'm a thug and thugs don't get shy.

"Aight, that's good. Y'all official? If so let me meet him, I wanna have a lil chat" he says seriously and I gulp imagining how the chat between pops and Jake would be. I know for a fact that Jake would end up crying and scarred.

"Chat? What do you have to say to him" I ask curiously. Again, if it's not something good, Jake doesn't need to hear that. Spare him the misery.

"If he hurts my only son, I'mma kill him and James will get rid of his body" he replies playfully and I laugh. His words might kill my baby before he actually does.

"Word?"

"Word, don't play with me. I don't want you smoking and drinking again like you ain't got no sense. I don't like that" he brings the other day up again.

"Aight, old man. I'll ask him if he wants to talk to you."

"Okay, so when are you coming back cause the company we've been trying to collaborate with has considered the deal so I might be going abroad for a while. I'mma need you to stay here to keep an eye out for things" he reveals and I stand up straight.

"You'll go abroad, when?"

"Over three weeks or so, I'm not sure yet, but make sure you come back. I wanna introduce you to some people" he tells me and I tap on the counter in thoughts, "you still there?"

"Yeah, yeah" I answer absentmindedly thinking about the promise I made Jake. I told him that he'd be going wherever I go and he didn't agree nor disagree either. Would he want to leave this place, his home and miss Alyssa, to fly to New York with me? I highly doubt that.