27. 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒖𝒕

The game was intense and difficult to watch. You didn't know who to cheer for. Atsumu, Bokuto, Hinata, and Sakusa or Kageyama, Ushijima, and Hoshiumi. You had known Kageyama since middle school, but had an easy time getting along with Hinata. But then the thought of Atsumu and you being friends made you feel guilty if you were to cheer on for Schweiden Alders. However, Ushijima always looked so cool playing since middle school, it was hard for you not to cheer for him. All of these thoughts were going through your head and in the end, you just decided to cheer for both teams each time they scored a point to make yourself feel less bad. It almost made you forget about how you had officially retired from working and now you can live with Kita... ALMOST. Although you had Mikage next to you, you wish Kita could've been the first person you saw after you finished performing. Just hearing his voice made your heart flutter, his touch against your skin made your blood boil, and seeing his face always lightened up your mood. As the fifth set begins, your heart is pounding against your chest. Kita's heart is pounding against his as well since he was running into the stadium while calling Mikage.

"Hey, I'll be back, N/n-chan. Restroom," Mikage says as he stands up. Too engrossed in the game, you just wave your hand. Once he's away from you, he answers the call. "Where are you?"

"I'm at the entrance. They won't let me through." Kita frowns. A minute later, Mikage is present and shows the security guards a pass for Kita. "Thanks for letting me in," Kita thanks as Mikage just sighs.

"You're late! The woman's been trying to get you off of her mind. She was so sad you weren't there to witness her last performance," Mikage scolds which causes guilt to flood Kita's body. "But, she's not mad... she understands; so just go to her! Here's your seat number!" Mikage pushes Kita who nods.

"Thanks for watching over N/n, Tachibana-san," he thanks before running off.

Watching Kita's back fading away, Mikage whispers, "I should be thanking you for showing her that there are people in the world who can love her for the beauty she has inside."

Finally reaching the bleachers, he sees your profile and is about to yell your name, until he notices how focused you are on the game. Quietly walking next to you and sitting down, he observes you. How curious and outgoing you were when he first met you left a massive impression. No girl had ever spoken to him first with such passion and excitement—especially about farming. Feeling a presence next to you, you just ignore it—thinking that it is Mikage until you feel stares.

"Mika, can you stop staring at me! The game is so intense and it's bothering me!!" You slap Kita's arm without turning your head from the game. Kita watches in amusement and decides to lay his head on your shoulder, feeling tired from all of the running. This surprises you and you finally decide to take your eyes off the game. "Mika!! What is your pro—" Turning your head, you see Kita's peaceful face with closed eyes as he rests his head against your shoulder. Sweat is present on his temple and forehead, but it only makes him glow even more. "S-S-Shinsuke?!" Lazily lifting his head, he turns to look at you with a small smirk.

"Hey, baby." Oof, him calling you pet names is something you will never get over. However, feeling so excited and happy to see him here, you immediately give him a crushing hug.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at work?!" you cry into his neck as he strokes your hair and hugs you back.

"Someone helped me leave work early," he comments. Earlier that day, Yui had noticed how hard Kita was working and found out the reason why.

Flashback

"On that day, the girl you were talking about... was it L/n-san?" Yui asks as Kita's eyes widen.

"How'd you kno—"

"Because, the way you looked at her is how I looked at you. Plus... the tension was obvious between you two when I was present..." she says as Kita starts to feel bad again.

"I heard her last performance is today and you aren't going?"

"Um... I couldn't get the day off." Kita rubs his neck and continues to work.

"Well, go! I'll explain to my dad the situation." Kita looks up at Yui in disbelief.

"Really?"

Yui nods her head.

"Don't feel bad; just go! I know L/n-san would want you there as much as you want to be there for her," Yui says as Kita puts a hand in her shoulder.

"Thank you, Yui-san." Upon hearing her given name being called, Yui feels her heart warm up. Unable to speak, she just nods her head as Kita rushes off to the stadium.

"L/n-san's a lucky girl to have him in her grasps," she says to herself before going to talk to her dad.

Present

Kita pulls back from the hug and rests a hand on your cheek.

"F/n, I just wanted to say tha—"

"IT'S MATCH POINT FOR BLACK JACKALS!!" the announcer interrupts Kita and you immediately turn your head back to the court.

"L-look, Shin-chan!!" You excitedly point like a little kid. Kita turns his head to see Atsumu and feels his heart warm at the sight of his younger brother fulfilling his dreams. As Atsumu perfectly sets the ball to Hinata, Hinata perfectly spikes the ball past Kageyama.

"BLACK JACKALS WINN!!!!" Standing up, you start clapping and jumping. Although you felt bad, seeing Atsumu win made you glad. Not like you were going to admit it, but you secretly favored Black Jackals because of Atsumu. Seeing how happy you and Atsumu were, Kita smiles at the sight of your guys' friendship.

"Atsumu!!!!! Good job!!!" you yell which catches his attention. Looking up, he sees you with Kita. However, instead of feeling hurt, like how he usually would, he felt happy. Excitedly, he waves at the both of you and mouths for you both to see him after the game.

"I'm glad you and Atsumu are still good friends," Kita says as you turn back to him. For a while, he had been feeling guilty that he took you away from his friend. He also felt like he probably ruined the friendship between you both and his friendship with Atsumu. However, that wasn't the case.

"Of course! Atsumu isn't a person to leave those who care for him. You should know that the most." You smile as Kita smiles back and grabs your hand. Leaning his head towards yours, the both of your guys' noses touch.

"I need to tell you something," he whispers which causes you to blush.

"W-what?" Feeling his hot breath against your lips makes your legs feel weak.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here earlier to be with you and watch you live, but I love you so much and am thankful to have you next to me to remind me what I am capable of. I'm proud that you have finally fulfilled your goals and I can't wait for what the future holds for the both of us. This is our next step we'll be taking together." Kita smiles and gives you a kiss. With a tint of blush on your face, you just smile back and put a hand on his arm.

"It doesn't matter; as long as you're here now. Thank you for loving me for the person under all of the lights and believing in me. If I hadn't met you that morning, I wouldn't be as content as I am right now. You've opened my eyes, brought me new friends, and encouraged me. I love you, Shinsuke," you say back and give him back a kiss. However, this one is longer and more passionate. As you both are closing your eyes, you hear cameras and see flashing lights hitting both of you. Immediately, you push yourself back and see many paparazzi and fans taking videos/pictures. "Oh, no! Our secret's out, baby. I'm sorry!" You worriedly turn back to Kita who smiles and gives you a hug.

"I don't care; as long as you're with me from here on out!" Kita says as he rests his head on top of yours.

A/N:

I had to update on our baby's birthday; I mean... COME ON!! UGHHHHH, he's only been shown in one episode and he's got so many people simping over him. What kind of power does he have on us?!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Happy birthday Shin-chan! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Date: 5 July 2020