23. 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅

"He said he liked m--"

"You've already said that, N/n-chan. Can't you just stop repeating it? It was cute at first, but now it's annoying! You have a concert today!" Mikage places his hands against his ears to cover your voice.

"I can't get over it, Mika! H-he said he--"

"Oh my gosh!" Standing up, he walks up to you, grabs your phone that is already unlocked, and presses Kita's number to call him. "Just talk to him already." He smirks as you're a blushing mess.

"I-I can't talk to him! I told him I have to think about what hap--" You're interrupted with Mikage throwing the phone at you as Kita suddenly picks up.

"N-N/n-san?" Kita stutters on the other side of the phone. Earlier that morning, he was able to pick up his phone from the shop, so that's why his number was now working. Glaring at Mikage, you are hesitant to speak.

"Hey, Shin-chan. Sorry, Mika accidentally called--"

"She wants to talk to you," Mika interrupts you which causes you to jump.

"What did you want to talk about, N/n-san?" Kita asks which makes it even more difficult to speak.

"A-after this tour... I want to meet up with you," you say as both of your guys' heart rates increase.

"Sure. Just tell me the time, date, and place; if you need me to go to Tokyo that's fi--"

"I'll come to Hyogo," you interrupt him.

"O-okay..." It's silent for a while until you choose to speak.

"I'll see you then, Shin-chan. I have to prepare for a concert tonight."

"Yeah, okay. Good luck, N/n-san... I forgot to tell you, but you sang beautifully yesterday night," he compliments which makes you almost drop the phone.

"A-ah, thanks... Bye then, Shin-chan."

"Bye N/n-san." With that, you both sadly hang up while Mikage stares in amusement.

"Why'd you hang up even though you obviously still want to talk to him?" You pout.

"Because I still need to think about what happened! Of course I forgive him and understand why he did what he did, but... if I accept his confession and we date, what would happen? We haven't even known each other for a long time; we live in different cities and we're both busy! I wouldn't be able to see him often and I'm not even sure if he's the on--"

"You're worrying too much," Mika sighs and sits next to you. "Just do what your heart is telling you to do.Yes, there may be some complications in the relationship, but if you guys really liked each other, you guys would be able to handle it... and if you guys can't do it, it's also okay because that's the whole point of dating. Dating isn't supposed to be loving 'the one'; it's about finding the one and what characteristics you would like in 'the one.'" Your eyes widen at his speech and you lean towards him with a hand on your chin.

"Who broke your heart?" you ask as he blushes.

"Oh shut up! You were the one who was panicking! I'm just trying to be a good friend and help you!" He karate chops your head.

"Ouch!" You pout but smile. "Thanks for the advice, Mika-kun... You're such an amazing best friend." You lean against his shoulder.

"Of course I am!" he scoffs while he pats you back.

-

After a few days and many late nights of thinking, you are laying in your bed while sighing. Not talking to Kita was hard for you since there were times where you were just so happy, you wanted to call Kita as if nothing happened, but it wasn't that simple... or was it? You obviously knew you liked him--heck, you fell for him first--however, you didn't want to put Kita through the troubles.