14. 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏

IIt was now 9pm and the party was ending.

"L/n-chan, did you need a ride?" Atsumu comes up to you as you are helping clean up.

You hesitantly look at him.

'Should I say yes? What about Shin-chan?'

Thankfully, Kita was not too far from you guys and saw you hesitating.

"Su-"

"We both can take you home, N/n-san," Kita suddenly appears causing Atsumu to frown.

"N/n-san?" he repeats.

Kita blushes, "A-ah! Sorry, I meant L/n-san. I guess it's just easier to say," he tries to cover up himself.

Atsumu frowns, "But Tsumu is easier to say than Atsumu... why don't you call me that then?"

Kita frowns at Atsumu but tries to ignore it because he understands that Atsumu likes you. Kita just sighs and pulls Atsumu away from you as you are just left there in confusion.

"What is it, Kita-san?" Atsumu frowns and asks rudely.

It's not like he wanted to, but he felt like Kita had taken a liking on you and it bothered him.

"I will tell you later, okay Atsumu?" Kita tries to calmly say to the boy who just rolls his eyes and walks away from his senpai.

"Are you ready, L/n-san?" Kita asks as you are saying your goodbyes to the boys.

"Yes!" you say, then walk towards the door with Atsumu.

The car ride was super awkward between the three of you. Kita sat in the driver's seat while you sat next to him and Atsumu in the back. You couldn't help but feel the tension between the two boys but you didn't understand why there was such bitterness.

"So, Kita-san, did you see your Tokyo girl today?" Atsumu decides to suddenly ask which makes it awkward for everyone.

Kita hesitates, "Yeah, I did."

"What did you and your lover girl do?" Atsumu asks, trying to show you that Kita had already had a girl at the moment. However... His plan is not working since you ARE that LOVER girl. Instead, you're a blushing mess under your mask.

"S-she's not my lover girl," Kita frowns at Atsumu's choice of words.

Your lips drop a little but thankfully no one was able to see.

"Why not? You were so concerned about what to do on your guys' last date. You were even excited to come to Tokyo to see her," Atsumu continues.

Kita just sighs and seriously says, "Atsumu, let's not talk about that right now, okay?"

This was the voice Kita uses at times of seriousness. It's not because Kita was mad at the boy though; he just didn't want Atsumu to say anything that he would regret because he knew how much Atsumu liked you. Atsumu just shuts his mouth and frowns. Once you guys get to your house, Atsumu immediately volunteers to walk you. Even though Kita really wants to reject the idea, he decides to let it slide.

"Bye bye Sh-Kita-kun," you correct yourself, "I will see you next time. It was fun spending time with you."

Kita gives you a small smile, "Of course, L/n-san. I will see you next time too."

What you both really wanted to say was, see you later and hopefully tomorrow, but you guys couldn't at the moment. You give him a sad smile and wave before walking off with Atsumu. Kita sighs once you guys are out of the car.

'I'll come by before I leave tomorrow morning,' he thinks to himself still not wanting to leave you so soon without a proper goodbye.

"Thank you for the invitation, Atsumu-san. I haven't had that much fun with a group of friends for a while. It's a nice change from the busy schedules I have," you smile which gives him butterflies in his stomach.

"No problem, L/n-chan. It was a lot of fun with you too," Atsumu gives a flirty smile, "Hopefully, we can do it some other time... Maybe just you and me next time."

You blush at the last part, "W-wha?"

Atsumu gives you the same smile then gives you a quick hug.

"Have a good night, okay? I'm really happy you came over. Goodnight!"

You blush and just nod, "Okay, Atsumu-san. Goodnight."

Atsumu turns around and walks to the car as you give Kita one last wave before heading in. Once Atsumu gets in, his demeanor changes. He was still irritated at his senpai.

"I need to tell you something, Atsumu," Kita says while driving.

"What is it?"

"You know the Tokyo girl I came to hang out with today? She's a really special girl."

"Okay, and???????" Atsumu is now even more irritated.

"The thing is, Atsumu... It turns out that she... it's L/n-san," Kita confesses which causes Atsumu to jump and look at his friend.

"N-no way," he says in horror.

Kita frowns but nods, "I didn't want to keep it a secret. I was also very surprised when I found out that she was the same girl you were talking about... I didn't know that she was a celebrity when I met her and she didn't tell me either."

Atsumu frowns and just listens.

"I met N/n-san at Hyogo when she wanted to take a break. We coincidentally ran into each other and when she realized that I didn't know who she was, she decided not to tell me." Atsumu can't help but feel his heart breaking a little bit.

'That means that the two have hung out by themselves a few times already... That also explains why she's so comfortable with him and was even about to call him by his first name,' Atsumu thinks in frustration. He didn't know how to feel. Should he just give up on you?

"I don't know how I exactly feel about N/n-san at the moment, but I think I'm taking an interest in her," Kita confesses which catches Atsumu off guard.

"So," Kita turns to his kouhai, "I'm not going to give up!"

Atsumu can't help but feel something weird inside of him but he gives a little smirk back.

"I don't plan on giving up on her either," he says back.