"He's fine. He's with Obi Wan. They're going to meet us back at our ship." Anakin explains.

I exhale a breath I didn't realise I was holding in. Cal is safe. My plan worked. We're all going to make it out of here.

"Cal managed to open up a communication line between this ship and the Republic fleet. He's been communicating with us the entire time." Anakin adds on to what he said previously.

I smile proudly. Cal is learning a lot very quickly. I couldn't have asked for a better, more capable Padawan.

"He also managed to overhear that the hyperdrive is nearly operational again." Anakin adds.

If the hyperdrive is operational, Grievous can escape along with the ship. That would mean this entire mission was a failure.

"So it's up to the Skywalker's to destroy this thing?" I ask.

He nods confidently. I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited about this. Creating mischief alongside my husband was always fun.

"I believe this belongs to you." Anakin says.

He extends his hand to reveal my lightsaber hilt. I eagerly pick it up

"Thank you." I say gratefully. "I thought this would be added to Grievous' trophy case."

"Grievous' what?" Anakin questions.

"I'll explain later." I say. "Let's go."

Now is not the best time to go into detail about how General Grievous likes to keep the lightsabers of Jedi he murders.

We continue through the Malevolence, narrowly avoiding plenty of droids along the way. Leaving a trail of destruction would only lead Grievous to us. Anakin contacts Obi Wan on our way. He and Cal are safely on their way to our ship.

Soon enough, we make it to our desired location. The lift to the control room. We step inside the lift and wait until we reach the top.

"Ready to create some chaos?" Anakin says, readying himself for what may be behind that door.

I unclip my lightsaber from my belt and ignite it.

"I thought you'd never ask." I smirk.

We use the force to dramatically open the lift door and storm into the control room. Inside are multiple B1 battle droids as well as a couple of super battle droids. This is going to be fun.

Side by side, we slice through the droids filling the control room. They don't even get a chance to fire at us before we cut them down.

It is no problem at all for us to destroy them. Together, we are unbeatable.

"So, where do we start?" I ask Anakin once all of the droids are defeated.

"I'm going to hot-wire this ship, give Grievous a little surprise." He says, sitting down on one of the control seats "You're on clean-up duty."

The tone in his voice upon saying this is much too humorous. He will find any possible excuse to avoid cleaning.

"No problem." I agree.

I sit down on the comfortable chair beside him and use the force to lift the fallen droids off of the ground. I then move them into the lift we arrived on.

"It seems I had the easy job." I taunt, kicking my feet up to rest on the control panel.

Anakin laughs while continuing to work on hot-wiring the ship. I must say, his determination right now is quite...pleasing.

"That ought to do it." He comments, pressing one final button on the control panel. "Let's get out of here."

We walk back to the lift where I piled the droids. If someone is on their way up now in the other lift, they will have no idea that Anakin has sabotaged the ship.

"What did you do to the ship?" I inquire.

"Let's just say General Grievous is going to get quite the surprise when he jumps to hyperspace." Anakin boasts with his trademark smirk.

We run out of the lift when the doors open. Dozens of droids pursue us but we don't bother to attack. It's not like they'll actually hit us anyway.

"Obi Wan, tell Artoo to fire up the ship's engines. We're almost there." Anakin says through his commlink.

Anakin presses a few buttons when we reach the docking station of the ship. The doors open swiftly and we rush inside. We are protected by the barrier of the doors just as droidekas arrive at the scene.

We hurry into the main area of the ship where Obi Wan, Cal, and Artoo are waiting. Anakin sits down in the pilot seat and readies himself to get us out of here. Normally I would argue that I should be the one to fly but we don't really have time for that right now.

"Master!" Cal exclaims, rushing to my side.

I place my hands on my Padawan's shoulders.

"Are you okay? Did Grievous find you?" I ask worriedly.

"I'm fine, Master. I listened to your instructions and managed to remain unseen until Master Kenobi found me." Cal explains.

I turn my attention to Obi Wan. He risked a lot to come to our rescue. That's something I will forever be grateful for.

"Thank you, Obi Wan." I say.

"No need to thank me, (y/n). If it weren't for your Padawan, we would not have the upper hand on the Separatists." Obi Wan explains cheerily.

I would have taken the opportunity to further applaud Cal for his actions if the ship hadn't started rumbling. It would seem Grievous and his little army are pursuing us.

"Time for some clever tricks, Anakin." Obi Wan suggests.

If I know Anakin, those tricks are going to involve spins, jarring turns, and dives.

"That's what I was thinking." Anakin answers.

"I'll start shooting." I announce.

I press a few buttons to activate the gunning system of the ship. I may be an excellent pilot, but I am also a perfectly capable gunner. I watch the enemy ships through the scanner and shoot down all that come within range. Obi Wan occasionally applauds me for my accurate aiming abilities.

Artoo begins to beep anxiously, warning us that the Malevolence is initiating their hyperdrive sequence.

"Don't worry about that, Artoo. Anakin has that sorted." I reply.

"What?" Obi Wan and Cal ask, unaware of this aspect of the plan.

"I hot-wired the ship. When the hyperdrive is activated, they will head straight into the nearby moon." Anakin explains as if it weren't that complicated.

I watch through the scanner as the Malevolence speeds into the moon just as planned. Although Anakin does have a lot of stupid plans, he does occasionally have a really good one.

"It would seem this mission was a success after all." Obi Wan boasts.

"A success indeed" I say.

Anakin turns his gaze to me and gives me a playful wink.

With that, we dock on the Republic cruiser containing Master Plo and Ahsoka, knowing we have succeeded in destroying the Malevolence.