Grievous storms his way over to the ray shield trapping me. Normally this would not be a good time to antagonise my captor, but there's nothing he can do to shut me up. I'm his leverage. He needs me alive.

I may just see Anakin again.

I narrow my eyes as I glare at Grievous through the white energy field separating the two of us. At this moment, it's like I can see into his soul. There is no good or mercy. Only darkness. Darkness of this kind is not something I am used to seeing in someone's eyes. It's unnerving.

The ray shield is deactivated during our staring match and force restricting cuffs are placed on my wrists. Grievous grabs my lightsaber from my belt and admires it before handing it to a battle droid for safe keeping.

"Another lightsaber for my collection." He beams.

I shudder at his words. He uses the lightsabers of fallen Jedi as trophies. My name will not be added to his list of kills.

"It's a little creepy to keep mementos of dead Jedi, don't you think?" I ask bluntly.

His hideous laugh breaks into a dry cough. If only Master Windu had crushed his chest plates a little harder.

"Yours will soon be added to that list." He threatens.

I am not intimidated in the slightest.

Grievous, along with his reinforcements, lead me through the Malevolence. The design of it would be quite impressive if it weren't for the excessive dirt and grime covering the surfaces. This is a new ship operated by droids, how could it possibly be this untidy?

I'm pushed inside a room that seems to be a prison cell. At the centre is a contraption I have seen before. It's another force restricting constraint, only slightly more effective than the simple handcuffs I am in right now.

"All of this trouble for me?" I remark. "Grievous, you shouldn't have."

I'm escorted by battle droids to the more sophisticated trap. I could easily overpower them and escape if I wanted to, but that would be a risk to Cal. Instead, I must achieve my new goal of stalling Grievous long enough for Anakin to get here.

The droids lock me into place and leave me alone with Grievous. Two of them remain at the entrance to stand guard.

"You are my hostage (y/n) (y/l/n)" Grievous says. "My mission is to return this ship to Count Dooku. Your capture has ensured Separatist victory."

His villainous monologue is too much for even me to handle. I zone out completely and instead focus on Anakin's presence. It's weak due to the force restricting contraption I'm stuck in, but our connection is still there. I can feel him drawing closer and closer to my location with each passing second. It seems nothing is strong enough to stop the connection between Anakin and I.

The fact that he's beginning to feel closer means he's on his way here. It's up to me to ensure Grievous is too distracted to notice Anakin's disturbance onboard the ship.

"Great story," I yawn, abruptly interrupting Grievous "but might I ask in which chapter do you shut up?"

Grievous responds with anger by slapping me across the face. The impact stings my cheekbone. The pain is unpleasant, but I welcome it. For him to retaliate like this means my tactics are working.

"Jedi scum!" He growls.

He turns to leave but I cannot allow that. Every second he is distracted by me equates to an extra second Cal is safe.

"Leaving so soon, Grievous?" I ask as he begins to walk to the door.

He turns around and begins to approach me again.