CH35 - Breaking Point

Začít od začátku

As Maika's song is done, one of the stage assistants have signaled El to be on ready to come up any moment. Toni is already up on stage as she interviews the four coaches for their feedback.

About six minutes later Toni had already asked Ellie to come join her on stage. Normally a short VTR clip about their preparation or rehearsals should be shown first before their name would be called. But the host already explained to the audience members and to the cameras that El wasn't able to have any rehearsals done due to her falling sick. But this did not affect El's impact on their audience.

As soon as she shows herself on stage, people had been continuously cheering for her name. The two lady coaches gave her a round of applause commending on how she acts so professional by being there despite of her medical state.

Lea's gaze does not leave Ellie's fragile body. If not for the latter's dark circle under her eyes, one could not really tell that she's not feeling well right now. She still looks stunning as always.
She made herself comfortable by wearing a pair of blazer and jeans over a white blouse top.
She accentuated her overall getup with a brown hat and bangles.

She really is beautiful. She is born to be a star. Lea thought to herself.

For her performance, her trademark stint of singing with a microphone stand have been prepared at the stage. The loud cheering of the audience just stopped when El started to hold the stand and the microphone  mounted on it.

Instead of doing it her usual way, Ellie lets go of the stand and grabbed the microphone, taking it off from there.

She started singing which silenced the whole RWM auditorium.

-

Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion

-

The Broadway star couldn't help but admire this young woman singing on stage. She had already evolved from the first time she saw her sing on the blind auditions.

-

And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

-

Even Sarah and Bamboo admit that Ellie Rae is such a true artist. Her movements on stage, her facial expressions and even her accidental gasps are on point with the song.

-

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep
Everybody's worried about me
In too deep
Say I'm in too deep (in too deep)
And it's been two years I miss my home
But there's a fire burning in my bones
Still believe
Yeah, I still believe

And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

-

At this point Lea immediately stood up from her chair. El momentarily lost her balance and was about to fall. Good thing she was able to reach the empty microphone stand and hold onto it to keep her composure. 

Bamboo was just as close on signalling for one of the staff to stop El's performance and tend to the sick woman. Lea couldn't do anything but silently cry. She wants to run to her protege, hug her, and save her from this torment.

But Ellie just continued singing:

-

A lot of fight left in me

Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong (I'll be strong)
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Know I've still got a lot of fight left in me

(Song title: Fight Song by Rachel Platten)

-

Even if El's having a difficult time maintaining her vigor, she tried to finish the song without compromising her notes, save for the occasional gasps she had to do in order to catch her breath.
She almost stumbled midway of her performance but even so, the audience gave her an overwhelming loud of applause. Even the four coaches were in standing ovation because of her song number.

Ellie could feel her emotions flooding over her. She could not control the tears rolling out on her cheeks. She looks at her coach who's having a worried look as their eyes meet.

Unfortunately her coach can not go up the stage to give comfort for her as it's going to be unfair for Maika.
Thankfully, Toni took the role and hugged her in her coach's stead. The host could feel how down El's spirits are. The contestant's tears kept on flowing down from her eyes. As she gives her a hug, she could feel how warm the latter's body is.

El's fever hasn't gone down. Toni no longer asked for the coaches' feedback as she knows she needs to let El go off stage to be taken care of and be given medical attention. She then just thanked the young woman for the performance, and said her spiel for taking a break for a commercial before the next team performs.