Chapter 8: The Broken Nose

This chapter is dedicated to Daena for her insistence on adding certain things ♥ Thank you all for being there.

.

.

.

He had returned from a long and heavy day at the North Blue. The work was intensified by the understaffing, many of the staff were on leave. Shachi, Penguin and Bepo were there as well, and the four ended up exhausted, drinking more than three coffees to stay active.

When he got to his apartment, he took off his clothes and leaned back in the chair, covering himself with a blanket. He'd barely wanted to put on a pair of sleeping pants while having tea and watching Grey's Anatomy.

At that time it would have been nice to have a cat or an animal with him. He imagined it on his feet, giving his body heat in that cold apartment. He checked his cell phone, reading messages from his friends who had also ended up too tired and were already at home. He laughed at the photo of Bepo lying face down on his bed.

A message from Luffy came in and the notification covered Bepo's photo.

[08/20 11:24 pm] Luffy: Torao!

This may sound strange but, are you in your house?

I can't go back to my house now and I'm close to Flavence,

could I come by?

He frowned as he looked at the text and sat up, ruffling his hair. He regretted wanting a pet.

Luffy was enough trouble already.

[08/20 11:30 pm] Trafalgar Law: Where exactly are you?

📍 Location

Can you get here on your own?

[08/20 11:32 pm] Luffy: The gps is guiding me, I'm a few blocks away

Get down and open the door for me

He rolled his eyes and got up. He reached for a T-shirt and put it on as he left his apartment. At the door he looked both ways and spotted a boy running down the sidewalk. When he was a few meters away, he could see his face and identify him.

"I'm finally here," he gasped agitated, holding onto his knees.

Law frowned. He stepped forward and took Luffy's face in his hands.

"What...?" Luffy looked surprised, but stood still when Law inspected him.

"You have a broken nose," he declared, releasing him. "And blood on your face, what happened to you?"

Luffy touched his cheeks and looked at his fingers, barely stained with dried blood.

"I hadn't noticed," he muttered in surprise.

Law grabbed him by the hood of the red hoodie Luffy was wearing and dragged him into the building.

"I'm going to have to fix it," he muttered in the elevator. It wouldn't be nice and he didn't have anesthesia at home.

When they entered his apartment, he made him sit on one of the stools in the small bar of his kitchen. He looked in the bathroom for his medicine cabinet, full of various things that exceeded first aid. Still, he didn't have anesthesia syringes because he was not an anesthetist and was not crazy enough to try it.

He took out an anesthetic gel and applied it to his nose with two fingers. It was over-the-counter and clearly wouldn't be enough, but he didn't have anything better. Luffy stood patiently and when he finished, he grabbed him by the shoulders and made him look at him.