XI

"Afternoon, sister." She said, a sly smile spreading on her face. She was wearing a bright pink dress, one that matched her blonde hair. "The hell is wrong with you? Ordering me to be kidnapped and then having mom and dad pay a ransome? What is all of this for? Some sick joke on the royal family?" You began berating her angrily with questions. You'd never in your entire life been so angry with her.

She only simply chuckled, throwing you off guard. "Oh no. No no no. See this is about you and I. You, the promised queen to our land. Always the expert, always the smartest. Ever since I was born I was in YOUR shadow. I was always battered down, beaten to a pulp. But YOU were praised. Always Y/N this. Y/N that. I've had enough of you. And with you gone, I'll be the better sister, the one mom and dad need." She said and you furrowed your eyebrows.

"So what, you're going to let me sit here and rot?" You asked and she shook her head. "Not exactly, as long as your body hasn't been found I can't claim the throne. Unless mom and dad pass unexpectedly, but I wouldn't do that to them." Elina shrugged. As you exhaled you felt as if your heart sank to your feet.

"Why me? After everything? I defended you, always. I was your number one fan, Elina. Even when mom and dad were against you I was WITH you! You don't have to do this. You can let me go and we never have to speak of this. None of this ever again." You pleaded as you leaned forward in your chair, the ropes keeping you from standing.

Elina stood silent for a moment and shook her head. "You are temporary, but I will make a legacy that will last forever." She said as she neared you, and she then reached behind her back and then you saw something shiny, it was a pistol. "No- Elina no. Stop this." You said, squirming underneath the ropes as she lifted the gun.

------------>>

Tom's leg was bouncing the whole ride in anxiousness. He couldn't get you out of his mind. He couldn't help but think about what could happen to you. When Elina had come to him about this job, he was skeptical but he had to do what he could to make money.

But when Elina signed the contract, Tom remembered their conversation about what would happen to you after he returned you. She was vague, and that only meant one thing.

"Turn the van around." Tom ordered and the man looked at him, "What-" He couldn't even finish his question before Tom exlaimed, "Turn the damn van around!" And the man immediately hit the breaks, the tires squealing against the asphalt. The man turned around and sped back to the location of the road. Plenty of cars honking at the driver's sudden action. Tom kept clenching his fists and unclenching them, his palms were becoming sweaty with anxiousness.

He shouldn't have let you go. Tom never broke a contract but he had to break this one, for you.

----------->>

You turned your head away, not wanting to see your impending doom. However, before she could aim it, a shot went off and Elina screamed, the pistol fell from her hands and blood splattered on you. You averted your head to dodge some of the blood. You looked back to see Elina grabbing her bleeding hand. She'd been shot in the hand.

"Grab her." You heard a familar and uplifting voice. It was Tom. Elina moved out of the way, being grabbed and you saw Tom. He rushed over to you and pulled a knife and began to cut the ropes binding you together and to the chair.

"Oh my god Tom, you're here. How- why?" You said and as soon as you'd been cut loose you instantly wrapped your arms around his neck and he immediately hugged you back.

"Are you serious? Let me go! What the hell is that?!" You heard Elina cry out angrily. You turned to Elina, "You're under arrest, Elina (Y/L). For treason against our country." You said and her face went pale. Then, all of you heard a car roll up outside of the barn. You looked at Tom worriedly, he'd get caught. "Tom you have to go-" You began but you heard a struggle behind you. When you turned around you noticed one man was on the ground and the other had stumbled backwards. Elina was running to the back of the barn, where there was another exit.

"After her! Now!" Tom yelled and the man who had stumbled backwards began to run after her, even though she had already exited the building.

You rushed over to the man on the floor, his nose was bleeding. She must have broken it. You felt for a pulse. You finally felt it and looked at Tom, "He's alive." You said before you heard the barn doors open wider and you stood up. "Hands up! Get on the ground now!" You heard what sounded like hundreds of footsteps but was only more than a dozen men. Both of you did as you were told.

"There's the princess." One said and a few men rushed over to you. "You're safe now your highness." One said as he helped you up and you looked up over the men to see them dragging Tom away in cuffs. "No! Wait! Let him go!" You said as you reached out towards him but the men, of which were fully equipped in bulletproof armor, stopped you. "We'll sort all of this out when we take you back to the palace." The man in front of you said.

You watched Tom be dragged away, the roles now reversed.