Chapter 52: Suit Up

"Who are they?" Steve asked with his arms crossed.

"The most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum." Bucky told them softly. I slowly drifted away from their conversation.

I've met one of them before... I met the leader of the squad. I wasn't allowed to know his name, but I went on a mission with him. Just him.

I don't talk about it... I don't like to. I haven't even told Bucky about it.

He... he made me kill...

The first few times, I said no. I actually said no. He kept warning me how he could hurt me so much that I would wish I were dead. He hit me a few times times. He threatened to... to even kill Winny... Bucky, I mean.

He was... just so cruel. It was like he loved seeing people suffer.

But the thing is, they baby wasn't born yet.

Our mission was to retrieve some USB from a man. They didn't tell me anything about the mission. It was in some highly guarded facility. I was there because it was supposed to be stealth. Illusion helped HYDRA out a lot.

This man was there with his family, trying to keep them safe. It was him and his wife... his pregnant wife. His innocent wife and baby.

I killed her... I killed the baby inside of the Janice, that was her name.

That man held a gun to my head, threatening to shoot if I didn't do it.

I remembering crying... staring at the woman as she sobbed while holding her stomach. She stared at me. I can remember her green eyes staring at me, nothing but fear.

To her, I was a true monster...

I made that woman feel so much pain as I killed her baby. I made her lose her baby... she she was heavily pregnant. I made her inside collapse on the baby...

My eyes widened as a familiar feeling came up. I looked over to see Sam and Steve whispering to each other. Steve looked at me with confusion, noticing my disgusted look.

I ran from the others and to the corner of the room, puking my guts out.

I felt hands grab my hair and hold it out of the way. After I finished, I stood up straight.

I gave Steve a appreciative nod. He placed his hand on my head.

"What happened?" He stared at me as he pulled his hand away.

"It was," I cleared my throat. "It was nothing."

"I know for a fact that wasn't nothing." Bucky spoke up. I looked at him. He was now standing, staring at me. I glanced at Sam, who was equally worried.

"It must have been something I ate." I shrugged and made some mints appear. I popped them in my mouth. "It's not important. Keep talking."

I waved them off as I looked down at my clothes. I was still in my black sweats and white t-shirt.

I gave them a side glance. Steve and Sam decided to leave it alone. Bucky raised an eyebrow at me. He knew I was lying because I haven't eaten anything since yesterday, which is very surprising because I love food.

"We need to get moving, before they find us."

~

I sat next to Bucky in the back seat, Sam in front and Steve driving.

We are under a highway bridge, meeting up with Sharon.

"Why did Steve pick this car? He's a complete idiot." I mentioned to the small car. I tried to move my legs, but they were squished against Steve's seat.