Chapter 13: Elsa and Terminator

Tony's POV

I stared down at my daughter. I felt this huge load of guilt and sadness wash over me. I knew I should have helped her. She called me. She needed me, and I wasn't there. I could have talked to her. Why did Ultron have to happen? Why now? How am I supposed to focus on finding him and helping Hope?

Hope laid in a tub of ice cold water. She was extremely hot. She's practically laying in ice right now. Leaving the tub open with no constant cooling didn't work. We had to connect a cooler, like a freezer, to it and close it. She made the water start to boil. She looked so pale... so... dead...

I kept my composure. I don't want to cry while being surrounded by the team. Banner doesn't want me to work with him to help Hope. He said I couldn't handle it or something. Not those words, but that's what he was implying. Steve came to my side.

"She'll be fine, Tony." I glanced at the super soldier. I gulped and nodded trying to believe his words. My mind was slowly preparing me for the worse.

"Yeah, Uh.... s-she'll be fine." I nodded as I repeated his statement. I didn't mean to stutter, but seeing her like this makes me feel sick. I haven't told Pepper about her. Not yet. I can't. We don't even know what's going on with her. The radiation is messy with the equipment. Thank god it isn't enough to kill someone. If anything does happen, I'll call Pepper in a heartbeat.

"She needs Loki..." Thor spoke up. We all looked at him. He stood in the corner of the room. Thor walked up to us and stared down at Hope. I could see his regret and sadness. "She's showing some symptoms of being without her soulmate. She's falling about. I've seen it happen before, but not this much. I'm sure not all of what's happening to Hope is about that, but it would help a lot if Loki were here. She's the complete opposite of Loki. He is from the planet Jotunhiem. That planet is dark and cold. Ice. This only happens when the soulmates have been with each other for a short time, then separate suddenly. But that only means that Loki is—." Thor stopped himself. He stands for a moment. Steve and I looked at each other. I didn't notice Nat and Terminator walk in. Thor turned to the pair. Thor stormed toward Soldier. Steve quickly got in between. I could see the guilty look of The Solider's face. "You know something." Thor pointed at the man.

Bucky's POV

I became tense at the many pairs of eyes on me. Thor could practically kill me with his glare. Same with Stark. Steve looked confused. Dr.Banner looked interested. Natasha and Clint just stared blankly at me. I sighed and looked to the ground. I'm sorry Hope, but if it will help you, I have to tell.

"Loki is alive. He's on Asgard." I simply stated to the god. I could see the clouds get darker outside. I watched as Thor's hands turned into fists. I almost flinched when Thor pushed past Steve to me.

"Hey, hey. Thor!" Steve panicked, but Thor stood in front of me. I was just a few inches shorter than him. I stripped my face of any emotions.

"Hope knew, but she made me promise not to tell. She went to visit him on Asgard about a week and a half ago. She was there for a day." I told him truthfully. Thor placed his hand on my shoulder. I gulped slightly. He stared me down for a moment, but his eyes softened. Silence filled the room. Thor patted my shoulder. I gave him a confused, but relieved look.

"I know how Hope likes her promises. I need to bring Loki here, or take Hope there—."

"No. She stays here." Stark spoke up. I stared at the Hope's sized container in the middle of the room.

"I will go to Asgard and speak with—." Thor was interrupted by a new voice.

"Hello brother." A man with greasy black hair walked in. I raised an eyebrow at him. I looked over his appearance and by the expressions on the Avengers faces, I assume this is Loki. "Where is Hope?" I cleared my throat gaining Loki's attention. He looked quite pale too. I don't know if he's like that or he's feeling the affects of the soulmate stuff.