Chapter 17: What Did I Miss?

I sighed out in relief when I made the portal disappear. Using my power really hurt my head. I shook away the feeling. I noticed I was in the lab. I gasped when I saw the mess. What happened? The glass windows laid on the ground, shattered. A large container in the middle of the lab, broken apart as if being ripped into. Wires laid around and some spark flew here and there. I panicked slightly at the thought of someone being hurt. I could hear talking from the main room. I made my way to the railing and saw everyone there. I sighed in relief. No one seemed hurt. I furrowed my eyes brows at the sight of Bucky and Loki. They stayed with them?

I was going to jump over the railing, but my body probably wouldn't like that. I made my way to the stairs. I stayed quiet as I snuck toward the group. I noticed all of them staring at Thor in confusion.

"Alright." He nodded awkwardly and patted Mjolnir which he held in his hand. What's going on? I noticed a man... a being... standing a little ways away from the group. His skin a purple-reddish colour. I noticed a yellow dot in his forehead. The Mind Stone?! What the hell is going on?!

"What did I miss?" I finally spoke up, tearing my eyes away from the unknown being in the room. All heads turned to me. I could see the relief on all of their faces. I looked around the room again, realizing something. "Where's Nat?"

Dad came up to me and gave me a hug. I smiled and hugged himself back. I shut my eyes as I held him.

"You scared the crap out of me." He whispered. I chuckled and pulled away.

"I'm—."

"Don't say you're sorry. It wasn't your fault. I'm just glad you're okay." He scolded. I smiled and looked at the others.

"Hi." I waved at everyone. They didn't wave back. They just glanced at each other. That's rude. "Okay, what happened? I sense a lot of tension between all of you. And you two must be the twins." I pointed to the other new people in the room. The woman nodded, Wanda.

"I'm Wanda. This is Pietro." She mentioned you the man beside her. I looked at the two. How old are they? I guess I jinxed it. They are my age! Oh my god! Finally! They're just a year younger! Why am I so happy? "I've heard a lot about you... why did you leave? They said you were one of the best." She walked up to me. I noticed Bruce hands clenched into fists as she moved closer. I noticed Steve get more tense, even Dad. Bucky looked as if he was about to come over to me, but Loki grabbed him arm. Was it because of the question? I'm not that weak guys. I mean, what I told Bucky and what just happened probably gives them the idea it's a touchy subject right now. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I left because I was just a kid and they forced me to become something I didn't want to. The took me from my home and experimented on me, tortured me for fun. I left those monsters because they hurt me in every way you can imagine." I shrugged and looked over to her. Her eyes widened slightly. I guess she didn't know they did that. Of course they wouldn't tell them.

"I-I'm sorry for—." She began, but I cut her off.

"What's done is done. Now, please some one tell me what the hell is going one because my head hurts from trying to figure it out myself." I looked around the 10 other people in the room. No one speaks up. I groaned as I grabbed Dad's arm and walked over to Steve. I held Dad's arm with one hand and Steve's with the other. This is going to hurt, but it's faster.

~ (Salvage yard. Wanda messes with their minds. Hulk goes crazy. Hulk buster and Hulk fight. They go to Clint's farm. Hope gets there. Steve and Tony argue while cutting logs. Fury talks. They find Ultron. Helen Cho. Truck. Train. Natasha's cool motorcycle driving. Maximoff's help. Ultron takes Natasha.) ~