𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER SIXTY:A PERSONAL QUESTION

CHAPTER SIXTY:
A PERSONAL QUESTION

AFTER MUCH CONVINCING FROM Edward and Amelia, Emma helped heal Bella's broken ribs. It was quite literally crushing Bella from the inside out and this resorted in Bella and Edward getting into an argument. Which then resorted in Edward begging Emma to heal the girl due to him being upset with her and not wanting to be in the same room as his wife.

Emma entered the room where Bella was laying down. Rosalie stood up and turned to look at Emma, but Emma ignored her. She shoved past Rosalie and walked over to Bella, kneeling down beside her.

"Rosalie, please leave the room." Emma requested, asking the blonde nicely. Rosalie glanced at Bella who nodded her head. With hesitancy, Rosalie finally walked out of the room and Emma closed her eyes and sighed. She looked up at the brunette. "This might be a little uncomfortable, so I apologize."

As Emma got to work on healing her ribs, Bella looked down at the blonde with curiosity. "Hey, Emma, can I ask you a personal question?"

Emma glanced up at the brunette and shrugged her shoulders before nodding her head. "Sure, I guess."

"How did it happen?" Bella hesitantly asked. Emma looked up at her for a moment before focusing back on her task.

"How did me turning happen?" Emma clarified. Bella nodded her head in response. Emma sighed before nodding slightly to herself. "I was born Emma Grace Whitlock, younger sister to Jasper Whitlock. Jasper and I were always close. We had the best bond that any sibling in the town wanted. So, when he went out to be a Major, I was forced to stay home. That was until I decided to become a nurse for the army. Jasper would always come and visit me right before he would leave town, and I was always so happy to see him. It was when he left for Galvenston that I didn't see him again.

"Jasper had been reported missing after several months of being gone. Me being me, I was in denial. I would have known if something had happened to my brother, I would have felt something. I didn't realize when a pain had inflicted my entire body that it was Jasper who was writhing in pain. I didn't want to believe that he was gone, so I went looking for him. I took my horse and made my way to his last known location. It was several days after I had left that I finally decided to rest. I slept out in the woods, not too far from my destination when I heard something." Emma paused with a soft sigh as she pulled her hands away, but she didn't move from her spot as she continued to speak.

"I was only seventeen, so I thought it was an intelligent idea to find out where the noise came from. I was both surprised and happy to find my brother standing there. I was so happy that I didn't even notice that there was something different about him. I went and hugged him and with my neck being so close to his face. . ." Emma trailed off and Bella looked at the girl with slight surprise. She wasn't expecting that, not one bit.

"Jasper was the one that turned you?" Bella asked with surprise. Emma nodded her head.

"Yeah. He brought me to Maria and well. . . you know the rest." Emma looked up at the girl and for the first time ever, offered her the smallest of smiles. "To this day, Jasper still doesn't forgive himself for what he did to me. Even though I forgave him a long time ago."

"Is that why you two are so close?"

"Jasper and I. . . there was a period of time where he wasn't there for me. He didn't stand up for me when Maria said things about me. He's the reason why I'm so independent and closed off. But after we left Maria, things got so much better between us. But there are always those tiny regrets that are the reason behind why we aren't as close as we were. We're still close, don't get me wrong, but we were ten times closer when we were alive and not. . . this." Emma gestures to herself with a soft sigh. "He's the best brother I could ask for."

"I'm sorry that happened." Bella said as Emma stood up. Emma looked at the girl and a sad smile fell on her face.

"Yeah, so am I."

With that, Emma walked out of the room, not even bothering to glance at her wife as she walked by.

770 words

Authors note: Sorry for the short chapter, but I wanted this chapter to just be Emma's backstory. I think next chapter I might finally throw in Amelia's as well since we know nothing about her besides the fact she grew up in France.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH