𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER NINETEEN:THE DENALI'S

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
THE DENALI'S

1951

ONCE THE OTHERS HAD graduated― ︎again―︎the Cullen Clan decided to go down to Alaska where the Denali's were impatiently awaiting their arrival. When Carlisle had told the family about their newest members as well as their abilities, they were all very eager to meet them. Emma was enjoying the view of Alaska. She thought that it was absolutely gorgeous. She rode in the car with Rosalie, their hands interlaced over the console.

"You look like you're enjoying the view." Rosalie commented, glancing at the blonde. Emma tore her gaze from the window with a wide smile on her face, it made Rosalie smile.

"It's absolutely gorgeous here!" Emma smiled. Rosalie laughed softly.

"How do you feel about meeting the Denali's?" Rosalie asked, her thumb running smoothly over Emma's knuckles.

"Nervous. Paranoid. You know, the usual." Emma answered, turning her gaze so that she was looking back outside.

"They're exactly like us." Rosalie assures. "I think you and Kate are going to get along more than anyone else."

"Why's that?" Emma asked, squinting her eyes to glare at a bird as it landed face first in the snow. Stupid bird, she thought.

"Well, you both have gifts." Rosalie explained. "You can manipulate chaos magic, she can electrocute people. Seems like something you two could bond over."

"What if they don't like me?" Emma asked, her insecurities getting the best of you.

"Stop it." Rosalie sternly told her. "They're going to love you." Emma looked at her for a moment before nodding her head. Rosalie sent her soft smile as she gave Emma's hand a squeeze of reassurance. After many hours of driving, they finally arrived at the home of the Denali's. They were all waiting outside. There were five of them that Emma could see―︎three blonde girls, one brunette female and male.

The Cullen family all greeted them first. Followed by an excited Alice. Emma hadn't moved from the car. Rosalie glanced at her before letting out a soft sigh. She walked over to the passenger door. She opened it and looked at Emma who was holding a look of paranoia.

"Come on. There's no need to be paranoid, Em." Rosalie softly said to her. Hesitantly, Emma took her hand and allowed the blonde to pull her out of the car. Emma closed the car door as Rosalie interlaced their fingers. They made their way towards the family.

"Denali's meet Emma, Rosalie's mate." Carlisle introduced. Emma gave a shy and unsure smile. "Emma, this is Kate, Tanya, and Irina." Carlisle pointed to three blondes that gave her a small smile that was welcoming. "And this is Carmen and her mate, Eleazar."

"It's lovely to meet you Emma." Carmen spoke. Emma just smiled in response.

"You're the one with the chaos magic, right?" Kate asked. Emma nodded her head. Kate's smile widened. "She's so shy. I love her."

"She's not so shy once you get to know her." Jasper spoke, nudging his sister's side. She glared at him, earning chuckles from the other vampires. The Denali's lead them into the home. It was a very spacious home that Emma immediately adored. The other's started to talk with Denali's while Emma just looked around, never leaving Rosalie's side.

"Rose, mind if I borrow Emma for a while?" Kate asked, coming up to the two. Rosalie smiled before shaking her head. Emma glanced at her mate who in response gave her an encouraging smile. Emma let go of Rosalie's hand and grabbed hold of Kate's outstretched one. They walked through the home until they fell across a room that Emma assumed was Kate's.

"I'll try not to keep you long, I was just curious as to what you could do." Kate explains to her. Emma nods her head before entering the room. They sat down on the bed that was placed in Kate's room. Emma was surprised the girl even had a bed.

"Rose told me you have psychic electrokinesis." Emma spoke up. Kate smiled, nodding her head. "Can I see?"

"What? You want me to use my gift on you?" Kate mused. Emma shrugged her shoulders. Kate's eyebrow's rose in surprise before holding out her hand. Emma grabbed it and jumped in surprise when a bolt of electricity vibrated throughout her body. She looked at Kate with both wide and excited eyes. A smile fell on her face.

"Let's see it chaos maker." Kate spoke. Emma nodded her head before letting the scarlett energy form in her hand. Wisps wrapped around her fingers as a ball of energy formed in her palm. Kate looked at her hand in awe. She watched as Emma shot the magic out at Kate's lamp. The object was lifted from it's spot and Emma controlled it gracefully and professionally. She put the lamp back in it's place before letting the energy disappear.

"Holy shit that was so cool!" Kate laughed. Emma smiled at her reaction. She was glad to finally have people look at her gift in awe instead of in terror. "What else can you do?"

"I can manipulate what people see."

"So, mind warping." Kate confirmed. Emma nodded her head. Kate's smile widened. "Oh we are so going to become best friends."

Emma let out a small laugh. Rosalie was right, she definitely was going to get along with Kate. The two sat there in Kate's room, using their gifts―︎Emma stopping every so often as to not overuse her gift. Laughs could be heard whenever Emma would accidentally drop something. It made smiles fall over everyone's faces. The two girls had it rough, and to hear them both laughing away at something that they were forced to control, it made relief flood through everyone's bodies.

953 words

953 words

Authors note: Kate and Emma's friendship is going to be great especially in New Moon.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH