𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT:UP NORTH

CHAPTER EIGHT:
UP NORTH

1938

EMMA SAT IN THE barn with newborns, boredly watching over them in hopes they wouldn't kill one another. She played with her chaos magic, stretching the energy and then making it smaller. She would make the energy grow in her hands only when the newborns got too rowdy and it shut them up. It was when her brother had silently crept into the barn that Emma had stopped playing with her energy.

"Jazz? What are you doing?" Emma quizzed, cocking an eyebrow at her brother.

"Peter's here." Jasper whispered to her. Emma's eyes widened.

"What?"

"He said there's another way we can live up in the north. Look, Em, I know you hate it here, and I know you're miserable. And I was so blinded by Maria that I didn't realize I was hurting my little sister. So, if you want, we'll leave. We'll go with Peter and Charlotte and we'll leave Maria behind." Jasper told her. Emma grew excited but then doubts started to fill her brain.

"You're not going to come back to her right?"

"Never. I will never put you in such a position, not again." Jasper shook his head. Emma looked at him before glancing at the newborns. A smile formed on her face before she nodded her head.

"Let's go." Jasper stood up and quickly pulled Emma with him before they found Peter. Emma quickly wrapped herself around him and he hugged her back with a small laugh.

"Hey, Em."

"How've you been, Pete?" Emma smiled widely.

"Good. I was right about Charlotte being my mate. Thank you for helping with that by the way." He looked at Jasper, nodding at the boy. "Thank you both."

"It was our pleasure." Emma smiled. "Now, onward shall we?"

Peter nodded his head. "We shall."

☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎

"Charlie!" Emma smiled before running up to the girl and pulling her into a tight hug. Charlotte laughed as she hugged Emma back.

"Em, I've missed you."

"Ditto." Emma smiled, pulling away. She looked at Jasper before clearing her throat to add onto her dramatics. "Jazz, now that you aren't trying to kill her, I want you to officially meet Charlotte. Charlotte, this is my oh so loving brother, Jasper."

"A pleasure, ma'am." Jasper nodded. Charlotte shyly smiled back, silently confirming that the two shared no bad blood. Emma hooked her arm into Charlotte's as the four walked around the town. They were currently as far away from Texas as the could be. Quite literally on the opposite side of the United States. For the moment, the group resided in a larger town in Maine. It was dark out giving less people a chance to notice their red eyes.