𝐈𝐈𝐈 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲

Começar do início

A beautiful romance. I want a story like Belle's, I want to look back on my life and I know that I was in love. Am I asking for too much?

꧁_________꧂

I jerked awake, feeling my shoulders ache from lying on the cold hard floor. Yesterday I was in a warm bed now I was on the floor. What an upgrade.

You'd think my job was one of the hardest. It was in, it's own way that's why the professor reached out to me in the first place. There was no better person to pull off the job.

The others also worked exceptionally as hard. The professor was tuning into the police radio and managing 18 cameras, he was the eyes to the outside and then the others were in charge of watching us, production, monitoring the entrances and surviving off the 4-hour sleep schedules. I was probably doing the best out of all them, there wasn't much I had to worry about just yet.

After 20 hours of being locked up in this silver-lined cage, the machines had spat out 52 million euros. Even if we had stopped there I wouldn't mind, 52 million euros were something worth celebrating.

So far everything was going great, it was a peaceful day, the police were doing whatever they did in situations like these and we were just living the life.

Of course, things never get better, life is like a seesaw one side goes up and then it always has to plummet back down, you can't defy gravity. So what we thought was out felicitous peaceful days were about to drop so far down, we'd be close to being buried six feet under; taken out of the mint without the money but in a yellow body bag.

And the reason for it was love. Now the beauty and the beast doesn't seem like a simple childish love story after all.

I suddenly felt somebody lean over me, gripping my hand almost as if they knew I was awake, despite my eyes being closed. I rolled over, pretending to rub my eyes tiredly before I saw Berlin smirking up at me. "I have a tiny favour to ask"

Next thing I knew, I was being carted out of the door and finally feeling the fresh air on my skin. The outside definitely looked as interesting as I imagined it to be. Officers lined up at the front, swat teams to the side and shooters on the roof pointing at my head. I felt alive.

I stumbled down the stairs as I pulled off my mask and stared nervously down at the piece of paper in front of me. I breathed in heavily preparing myself for my short speech, I felt like a kid making a preposition in front of the student body, It was a funny thought.

Berlin held out a megaphone in front of me before I looked down at my paper and started to read the scrawled out words. "I beg of you all to not shoot, My name is Maria Carillo, I mean no harm and I have a message to you all, I speak on behalf of the robbers, in total there are 67 hostages, and we are all in perfect health and have been well cared for, there are also no victims or wounded. We are all dressed the same and there is no way to tell us apart, so any attempts of a surprise entrance will lead to many innocent people getting hurt"

I looked up at the sky one last time before running back inside. A nice way to start the morning. I leaned back against the wall before I dodged a kiss from Berlin walking away with Nairobi back to the other hostages. This is what I meant by punishment, ignore the wretched soul.

"All there is to say at the moment is that we are locked in, and nobody can guarantee how many days we'll spend in here. But as long as no bullet is lodged in my head, I'll keep you safe. If you don't try and trick me or communicate with the outside, everything will be more than fine" Berlin said as we paced into the halls arranging in straight rows.

I was right at the front, feeling the eyes burn into my skull. Last nights fiascos weren't easily forgotten. "From now we are going to start to organise, give you a couple of tasks so you don't get depressed"