Chapter 31 | You Are Bad

Start from the beginning

(Thai lakorn Indian song mix)

Huh! The people who ruled over our country for years and we feel ashamed if someone in our family doesn't know English. Why? Because knowing English tells how much you are educated or how standard you are? Is it? There are some children who don't introduce their parents to their friends or colleagues because their parents don't know English and introducing them may let their position down. How ridiculous it is!
We got independence a long time ago but people with their own will are still doing as they do. People feel proud to follow their culture but look down on people who follow their own Indian culture.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj swarajja sathi, aplya mathya varchya kunkuvasathi zijale pn appan kai kla? [Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj fought for swaraj, fought to keep the kunku (vermillion) of our forehead intact but what did we do?] Girls feel putting bindi (tika) is tacky, outdated, or aunty type and boys think that applying tika will make others call them a 'girl'. When in reality, since our ancient times, the tika is meant for both girls and boys and again there is a reason why a tika is applied between our eyebrows on our forehead but our so-called modern generation thinks that our ancient tradition is bullshit, and has no meaning, no science to it. What they don't know is that they have been following science even before it was discovered. It's people who misinterpreted and converted the culture or tradition as per their convenience and their own selfish needs and-" and she abruptly stopped.

"From where to where I brought the topic. Anyways, it all starts from us." saying so she left from there leaving a shocked Owi to recover from her Vaine's outburst and leave in her own thoughts as to what Mallika said.

"And so I did some research on our ancient Bharatiya culture with its scientific connection and it made me realize how prejudiced, ignorant, and unaware I was. Vaine always had put some sense, meaning, and life in my unrealistic life. She came as some source of knowledge and happiness in my life." Owi said, bringing a proud smile to Avni and Noor's faces.

They reached the Jejuri Gad and saw the 'Sonyachi Jejuri' ('Jejuri of Gold'). Why Jejuri of gold? Because it was completely covered with the bright yellow Bandara (turmeric powder) making the entire place look like gold.

 Why Jejuri of gold? Because it was completely covered with the bright yellow Bandara (turmeric powder) making the entire place look like gold

"예쁜 [Yeppeun.]" Mallika said dreamily.
"Yes, beautiful," Nahush said looking at her. In these months he somewhat understands the Korean language she speaks.

They came out of the Khandoba temple soon as it wasn't very crowded. If they had come after two days then they would have left the idea of standing in the long queue for the darshan. It's not that they can't get direct entry but they don't like to get direct entry when there are devotes who wait for so long.