Chapter Twenty Three

7th of April, 9:46 am

TILLY'S POV

I was kind of shocked when y/n suddenly ran into my arms, still in her pajamas. I mean, I knew she was back but I thought she would be mad at me...Or at least in some sort of shock to see me again, I didn't tell anyone that I was coming back to Sydney for a couple of days.

T: 'Wait why aren't you mad at me?' I say as her grip tightens around me

Y/N: 'What do you mean' she pulls away with a confused look as Ruel is got dressed upstairs

T: 'I thought...After I got your spot-'

Y/N: 'Tilly, I know that if the roles were switched and I was offered your position or any of the other girls, you would be happy for me. I would do the same, take it. This is all our dreams and you're super lucky that yours is coming true'

T: 'But now your chance is gone until next year' I mumble, I still felt really bad

Y/N: 'Well, fun fact, Heather has offered me a spot to be assistant dance coach for the juniors next year once I graduate so I'm completely fine actually' she chuckles before I embrace her in another hug

A: 'Uh, Tilly. We're going to the beach in like 15 so if you want to come..' I nod and smile in response, it was going to be nice to hang out with everyone in the group again. At least for the next couple of days.

Y/N: 'Ok, well. I'm going to get dressed really super-duper quickly and then we can leave' she smiles before running upstairs past where Ruel was standing, pecking him on the cheek and then disappearing into her room.

T: 'What did I miss....'

A: 'Yeah, those two are back together' she nods and I smile.

He already looked happier with her again. Not saying that Mia didn't make him happy but it was nice seeing him being his old self with the old y/n again. I felt like I had missed a lot while I was gone but yet, still not much at all.

Y/N'S POV

You sat on the sand with Tilly as everyone else swam in the water in front of you guys. You both were never really the ones to go swimming and you liked it that way.

T: 'I mean, the classes are super challenging but at least I'm not the only first year, you know? Makes me a little bit more comfortable' she continues on about Lucy Guerin Inc

Y/N: 'So, wait, are you staying in the boarding house or just finding places to stay'

T: 'I'm staying in boarding. It's an extra cost but I mean, I don't have many contacts in Melbourne, let alone where the company is located at'

Y/N: 'As long as you're comfortable, that's all that matters' you smile before fixing Ruel's bucket hat that was on your head.

R: 'Did you guys want to get some food? Everyone is pretty hungry' you both nod in response before standing up and shaking the sand out of your towels.

You all walk down to Gary's, you couldn't but gag as the smell of fish guts grew closer and closer to you

A: 'Here we go again'

R: 'Y/n, you're going in'

Y/N: 'Nope. Actually, not that hungry' You make up an excuse as Ruel grabs your hand, dragging you into the stinky fish and chip shop. The longer you stood in there, waiting for your food, the less the smell bothered you but if you really thought about it, you had to step outside and take a breath of fresh air

M: 'You are such a drama queen' Mia laughs as you mock being insulted but break into a smile

Y/N: 'I swear to god if you drag me in there again Ruel-'

R: 'You'll beat my ass, I get it' he laughs along with the rest of the group as we sit down on the benches.

A: 'Tilly, are you coming back to Ruel's?' Tilly quicks shares a glance with Ruel and then back to me to which we both smile and nod

T: 'Yeah, I guess' she smiles before opening her box of chips.

RUEL'S POV

We all sat in my living area, practically on top of each other as the opening image played on the tv from Avengers: Endgame. As y/n layed in my arms and I rubbed my thumb along her hand I thought of how lucky we truly were. I took a step back and looked at all of us. Although we all had gone through something different, we came out stronger. As a group and as individuals. We didn't hate people because someone broke our hearts, or because our parents split up, our best friends betrayed us, or because the kid from behind the screen called us fat, ugly, stupid and worthless. We didn't let things that we couldn't control concern us. We cried when we need to, and then let go when it was time. None of us hung onto painful memories just because we were afraid to forget. We let go of the past. We all forgot things that aren't worth remembering and stopped taking things such as each other's friendships for granted. We all lived for something. For ourselves. We fell in love. We fell out of love. Each of us did this until we knew what it is really like to love someone and I think we finally figured that out for each of us separately. I hope one day, we would look back on this whole adventure, with no regrets because right now, I knew I didn't have any.

6 Months Later

It had been 6 months being away from a courtroom but this time, it was a good feeling being here for y/n and this moment.

J: 'Y/N, do you give full custody to Linda and Harold Idle to be your legal parents from now on?'

Y/N: 'Yes your honour' I see her smile grow as her and Alannah hold hands under the table and we all sit behind them.

J: 'Then I hereby declare Y/N Lewis to be adopted by Linda and Harold Idle. Congratulations' we all applaud and burst into cheers and she hugs Alannah and her new parents.

Both Linda and Harold have been kind enough to take y/n under their wing for the past 6 months and they had decided to create a final adoption for her as when she turned 18, she could no longer live with them without being their direct child. Alannah and Y/n were also I guess sisters now, which was weird but I guess they were that close anyways.

I grabbed y/n's hand as we walked out, talking about how it all happened as well as talking about my final show in Sydney for the tour which was about to happen in less than 5 hours.

We arrived at the venue to screaming fans, even using the back entrance and then headed to the backroom to start to meet and greet with the fans. They were super sweet and were all super excited to talk to y/n as she was handing out the signed posters.

As I stood on stage, listening to the crowd scream and clap, my heart dropped out of my pants, I swear.

R: 'So, uh, a while ago, my best friend went missing and I actually never thought that I would come out of that hole. I went through days, not wanting to get out of bed but I just want to say to each of you that there is something each day getting you out of bed, and keep that thing close to you because you never know when that thing or person is going to leave. This one is called 'Sincerely Yours' I hope you enjoy'