Chapter Eight

30th of January, 8:34 am

RUEL'S POV

I rolled over in my bed, my duvet sliding off the side of my bed as the sun shines into my room and I wince. I roll back over and grabbed my duvet from the ground, covering my half-naked body in a bundle and then reaching over to my phone. I turned my wi-fi on, instantly going to Instagram to see my tagged filled with the same news report 'Y/N Lewis' parents under arrest for her disappearance'. I groan and shut off my phone, dropping it to the floor, I didn't want to think about how they could be involved somehow. I trusted them, well, I trusted y/n's mum, her dad was still not in my good books. I pick up my phone again and now going onto Snapchat to see many messages from friends of friends, message me to tell me that they hope I'm ok, yeah, as if. I had gone back home after dropping everyone home at Mia's house, they all had school the next day but I had a writing session with Nate and some other producers which I for once, was not looking forward to. Even though all this was happening with y/n and her parents, that couldn't give me an excuse not to write or get creative music-wise. It gave me more to write about if anything in Nates words. I threw on a top and changed my pants before going downstairs to Coco pretty much waiting to go.

C: 'We literally have to go in 5 minutes, hurry up'

R: 'I'm not even gonna have breakfast, relax' I say as she rolls her eyes and then looks back at her phone.

I slip my converse on which were near the front door and then look back at Coco

R: 'We going or what?'

C: 'Took you long enough-'

R: 'Took me 30 seconds the fuck- Oh wait, my phone'

She groans and throws her head back as I quickly job upstairs, grabbing my phone and then running back downstairs, hearing the front door slam shut. I rush outside and slip into the front seat as Coco turned on the car.

C: 'At least y/n's parents got called in for questioning again, not like they are getting let out'

R: 'No one has been charged yet'

C: 'Yeah but that's good that they have key suspects, and one of them isn't you'

R: 'I'm just happy they've laid off everyone else, I don't care about me, I want to protect my friends' I sigh and rub my forehead

It took around 10 minutes to get to Nate's office where Coco pulled up and I unbuckled my seat belt

C: 'Text me when you're done, k?'

I nod and take my phone off charge and hope out of the car before she drives off and I knock on Nate's door.

N: 'You ready to get writing?' he says after opening the door

R: 'Not really, but let's go with it' I sigh as I run my hands through my hand and walk in before taking a seat next to him.

ALANNAH'S POV

I walk down the hallway with Mia next to me after the whole splitting up to go to our separate lockers, lucky for us, Mia and I's were only a couple away from each other. I slip the pencil out from my locker as he swings open, I lost my lock in year 9, I have had this pencil holding it close since then. I shove my bag into my locker and pull out my laptop and pencil case and then look over to see a piece of paper fall out of Mia's locker as she opens it. I walk over to her as she bends down and opens it after putting her bag into her locker.

Do you remember year 8? I remember it like it was yesterday. Crazy that we're, I mean, you're in year 12 now. We were all so close but I guess even the closest of friends had secrets, we all knew that you and I mia were the closest, huh. How's Ruel going with all of this? I mean, he probably hasn't told many people about how he's really feeling, he's like that sometimes.