Chapter Nineteen

22nd of March, 4:13 pm

RUEL'S POV

She stood there, the same as she was before. Stunning. She stood in front of me with a cheeky little smile as if she had just pulled off the greatest prank of all time. Was this a prank? Reality hit me like a truck, she was...dead. Well, supposed to be. How was she here and if she is here...Who's body and DNA did the police find?

M: 'Babe, who is it?' I finally heard her voice from inside the house but y/n's face instantly fell.

Y/N: 'Babe?' she speaks again, her face saddened but before I could explain I heard a scream from behind me and quick footsteps approaching us both.

M: 'Oh my god... You're alive. Shut up!' she ran into y/n's arms but y/n's sad eyes never left the contact of mine.

She reluctantly wrapped her arms around Mia, her best friend but now the girl that was calling me babe and was over at my house at 7 pm with no one else. Mia pulls away from the hug, wiping her happy tears.

M: 'I can't believe this...How....'

Y/N: 'Um...I'm going to see Alannah...I'll talk to you later' she starts to walk down the driveway but I call her back as Mia looks confused.

R: 'Y/N' She turns back around to the sound of my voice, her green eyes in the light of the porch light make me stutter over my words as if it was the first time I was seeing her again 'D-D-Do your parents know? A-About you coming back?'

Y/N: 'They will but I just wanted to come to see my favourite person...Look how that turned out' I could see the tears sparkle in her eyes as she felt hurt but continued to walk down the driveway

R: 'Do you want a drive....' I say too quietly but it was too late. She was already gone again.

ALANNAH'S POV

I heard a knock on the door as we waited for Indi's parents to come to pick her up. They were a bit late and my parents were home but none of us minded, we weren't going anywhere.

A: 'I'll get it' I called my parents, not prepared for what I was going to open the door to.

I open the door to see my best friend in the whole world. The tears instantly fall out of my eyes as I fall down on the ground in an absolute mess. I feel her familiar arms wrap around me on the ground as I hug her back.

A: 'H-How...' I say between my tears.

I heard my parents come down the hall from the noise but I could feel them just standing there, in much as a shock as Indi was. I calm down and wipe my tears, standing up with her and giving her a proper hug.

Y/N: 'Wow, that was better than my last reaction'

A: 'Wait, who was your first reaction?' I pull away, holding her hand, still trying to process that she was here. Right here. Next to me.

Y/N: 'Um...Ruel...and Mia' I hear her getting choked up and I pull her into another hug, she didn't deserve to come back to that heartbreak.

I could feel a sense of awkwardness with Indi standing behind us so I pulled away and introduced them.

A: 'Um, y/n this is Indi, she's been hanging out with us for a little while now. She's from dance'

Y/N: 'Aww! Nice to meet you' she smiles and pulls Indi into a hug. 'I have to go back home but...Um, I love you'

A: 'I love you too'

Y/N: 'Nice to see you Mr and Mrs Idle' she smiles before walking out of the house.

Did that just happen? Was she really alive?

Y/N'S POV

You sat on your roof, your safe spot. Not many people knew about this spot, only the real ones. Your parents only figured out that you had built this escape about 3 years after it was made by standing outside and finding you on the roof. When you had to think about things, you brought your blanket out here and overlooked the beautiful city in which you called home. It had been a while since you had been up here, obviously, but it all looked the same, the same lights, the same amount of noise. You sat on the roof in one of Ruel's old jumpers, heartbroken. Out of all people, you did but didn't want to talk to him at the same time but he had a different idea as he appeared from your escape door onto the roof.

Y/N: 'How did you find me?' you say coldly

R: 'Your parents said you were up here...Plus, you always go here when you're upset'

Y/N: 'At least I don't have to convince you that I'm fine if you know I'm already upset'

R: 'I could tell y/n. I know you' he comes to sit down next to you

Y/N: 'If you knew me, then you would know that I would want you to be happy....But with my best friend? You have no other options but Mia?'

He sat there in silence as you both looked out at the same view, he knew you were right.

R: 'When they found your body...I was heartbroken y/n, you know that-'

Y/N: 'Clearly not because you kissed Mia the next morning'

R: 'How do you even know that'

Y/N: 'Don't even question it Ruel. This is about you moving on..Not how I know stuff' I keep my eyes out on the view as he faces me. 'I thought...Maybe....No definitely, you would have a grieving period but you didn't...You moved on...so quickly and that made me think....If we broke up in real life, would you have done the same if I was still around...Moved on with her?'

R: 'OK, so you're going back to not naming her now? She's your best friend y/n'

Y/N: 'Don't act like you're the victim Ruel! Stop bringing it back to her. It's not about her, it's about us' I finally face him as our eyes meet for the first time since I saw them two together. 'You moved on with my best friend...How did you think that that was ok? Especially after Elliot...' my voice cracked and I faced away from him again

R: 'Who did this to you?' his protective side coming out even though we were on the edge of the fence.

Y/N: 'Just leave Ruel' He nods and stands up, accepting the fact that if he stayed, it would try into a screaming fight.

I saw out of the corner of my eye him going back down into my room but I saw another car pull up. Alannah. You smile as she climbs out of the door and comes to sit next to you. You wrap the blanket around her as she rests her head on your shoulder.

A: 'Well I saw Ruel down there...How did that chat go?'

Y/N: 'He knows he's in the wrong about it all...Like, what type of guy kisses a girl the morning that he finds out his girlfriend of 5 years is dead?'

A: 'If I'm being honest, I never really supported them...I don't think anyone did, no one agreed with their actions. This isn't just to get on your good side so you won't push me off your house by the way.' You chuckle as response as the car lights move down the streets in front of you both

Y/N: 'Imagine. Yeet, goodbye Alannah' You mock throwing her off the roof as she laughs with you.

It was good to laugh, she seemed like she wasn't gonna act like you had been gone for 2 months which is what you really needed right now. You wanted to come back and be welcomed back normally.

A: 'Who did this y/n? You have to tell me...'

You sighed, you knew that you had to tell her but you didn't know if you should but as 3 police cars tuned up with their flashing light surrounding your house, it was time to tell her.
Y/N: 'My parents'