EPILOGUE

Like they agreed, Ariane and Christine rescheduled their flight so Matteo could join them. It didn’t take that long for Matteo to book a flight that matched Ariane and Christine’s new flight schedule since he has connections, like he said.

Their flight wasn’t that eventful. They just slept and talked about random things. Nothing more.

When their plane landed on Philippine soil, Ariane couldn’t help but close her eyes, inhaling the warm air of her very own country.

Ariane and Christine were both carrying backpacks, but Christine was also holding her suitcase with her right hand. Matteo, on the other hand, was holding two suitcases—his and Ariane's—and he was also carrying a backpack of his own.

Matteo and Christine stood on both sides of Ariane. Matteo was on her right, while Christine was on her left.

“Let’s go?” Christine asked, which caused Ariane to open her eyes abruptly.

Ariane looked at Christine and gave her a genuine smile. “Let’s go.”

They stride side by side towards the exit of the airport. But before they could even reach the exit, her sisters, Riana and Aira, came into view and welcomed them.

Riana hugged her swiftly, and Aira did the same.

Ariane frowned at her sisters. It’s so unusual for them to be present in a certain place unannounced. Being a lawyer and a doctor isn’t easy. They spend most of their time studying cases and treating patients.

“What are you two doing here?” she asked them when they let go of her. Their eyes were focused on her, like she had just lost her head or something.

“What happened? Are you okay? Is something wrong?” Aira asked her instead of answering her question, making her frown even more.

“Why wouldn’t I be okay?” she asked, confused about why her siblings were acting so weird and making a fuss about her well-being.

“That’s what we want to know,” Aira answered.

“We immediately cancelled all our appointments when Christine called to inform us that you already booked a flight and you’re on your way home,” Riana informed her, making her forehead crumple in shock.

“Wait. What? You, what—”

“I’m sorry, Ariane, dear. I didn’t know they would be like this. I just informed them to share the news,” Christine explained to her, stopping her from hyperventilating.

Ariane massaged her nape to calm herself before she lost control and felt the urge to smack Christine for making her sisters worry. And when she calmed down, she looked back at her sister, Riana, who was still obviously worried.

“If I’m not mistaken, you still have a case that you’re working on. So why the hell are you here, Riana?” she asked her sister in a strict voice, like she was scolding her.

“Don’t worry, I already finished all the things I have to do regarding that case I told you before I left the law firm,” Riana assured her, somewhat relieving her.

She then turned to Aira and raised a brow. “And what about you? Aren’t you on duty?”

“I talked to one of my colleagues the day Christine called me, and I asked her to take my place for the following days. She said yes, knowing that it’s an emergency and a family matter,” Aira explained.

“An emergency, huh?” she murmured while shaking her head in disbelief.

If there’s one thing that annoys her, it’s her sisters’ naughtiness. They always do what they want, regardless of the consequences. Just like now. They left their workplace just to welcome her and ask her if she’s okay when, in fact, they could just give her a call or something to do so.