15

The next few days passed with Haewon being stuck in the same position, barely getting any water and food

She felt herself getting frailer as days passed, her hope of being saved slowly diminishing as nothing happened a day after another.

Her body got skinnier, throat dry from dehydration, hair messed up as bruises filled her body from the many beatings.

Haewon's eyes felt heavy, wanting to just close, wanting the darkness to take over, but the thought of Jisung seemed to make her sleepiness disappear as a slight tinge of hope filled her mind.

That was what got Haewon through the day, thinking about the boy.

Just the thought of him made her happy, wanting to know how he was, if he was fine, just simply thinking about the smile he gave the girl makes her heart flutter. Her mind tried to remember every piece of memory with him.

That's when the girl knew, she fell in love.

-

Everyone was running around the house, grabbing everything they needed, every single equipment.

They needed everything they had to defeat their rivals, the plan they came up with was simple, invade the headquarters and find you. That's it. No plan B whatsoever.

It might sound easy but they didn't know what tricks their rivals might have up their sleeves, the many times they had managed to surprise the boys.

Everyone was tired, thinking of the plan and preparing everything to perfection until late at night but they were determined to save you, they had managed to get at least some sleep.

However, Jisung was the worst out of all of them, he barely got a blink of sleep, spending late night twisting and turning on his bed, thinking about Haewon.

Yet no matter how hard he tried to stop, his mind still went back to her.

The girl's voice lingered in his mind as he tried to grasp it, feeling like she was there beside him but in reality, she wasn't.

So, he spent nights staring blankly at a wall, feeling as if his other half was missing. It wasn't until then when he realised how much Haewon meant to him, how important she was in his life, how much he admired her, and most importantly, how much he loved her.

He silently sobbed at night as negative thoughts about the girl being gone took over his mind, feeling himself tearing apart by them.

That was why he didn't do relationships, afraid of getting attached, afraid of how this world might turn against him and kill the one he loves.

In this dangerous world where he was the popular ace, it was clear that people would target him, using his love ones as bait just to make him vulnerable, and his father did exactly that.

His heart swelled with emotions as his cold, emotionless self hid in the back of his mind, begging that part of him to take over his body but it denied.

So he was left to his own devices, the boy with so many depressing emotions, his heart ached for Haewon. He was like a lost puppy when she wasn't there with him.

He understood why his father had said that emotions make you weak, he felt so vulnerable, it was like he could break down any second.

But he sucked in his tears, holding them back, as the whole gang left the house, towards the van, ready to get back what belongs to them.

-

Haewon's eyes fluttered open as a piercing ringing sound echoed through her ears, looking around to see her seated in the same dark room, tied to a chair.

A teenage boy stood in front of her, studying her and taking in every detail before looking into the girl's eyes.

" Just go away! I won't tell you anything." Haewon said, voice raspy, throat hurting from the lack of hydration.

" Shut up, you do what we tell you to do. So, tell us whatever you know about Jisung." the boy said, voice low, he towered over her making her feel intimidated yet she still kept her mouth shut.

" Speak, you idiot." he spat, kicking the girl's stomach, making her whimper. She tried to hold her tears in, not wanting to show how weak she actually was.

Haewon sat there, head down, gritting her teeth in an attempt to suppress the pain, but her mouth remained shut.

" You-" he stopped as gun shots erupted from outside, he looked towards the door panicking, looking back and forth between Haewon and the door.

" We'll deal with you later." he gave in, leaving and slamming the door shut, forgetting to lock it back.

A glimmer of hope shimmered in the girl's eyes, maybe she was able to escape alive after all.

edited.