Chapter 46: Here We Go Again

Start from the beginning

“Have you started packing?” I asked him.

He nodded, “After I told my parents about traveling with you for the summer we made an agreement to let me stay here for the first semester of college. That gives me a semester to find a job and an apartment for the semester after. Everything is completely planned out.”

“Good,” I smiled. “Were they okay with it? Traveling with me all summer I mean.”

He nodded, “I think so but they did have a long conversation with me after I asked.”

“Like my parents?”

“Yeah, basically they wanted to know how serious it was between us. First I invited you on vacation, now you invited me, and they notice how often we spend at each other’s houses.”

“Does everyone else know something we don’t?” I asked him. “Everybody wants to have this serious talk with us lately. Is there something we’re doing?”

He laughed, “I have no idea and I don’t care.”

“You don’t care?” I questioned.

He shook his head, “In case you didn’t notice Demetria I still get way too caught up in your presence to pay attention to anything else.”

“That’s sweet,” I blushed.

“And we shouldn’t care what they’re saying. We should get caught up in being with each other otherwise we’ll end up as any other superficial couple. I plan on making sure our relationship stays exactly the way it is now when everything is exciting and we’re happier than we’ve ever imagined we could be. The only thing I’ll change in the future is of course marrying you and starting a family.”

“That’s the only change?”

He nodded and smiled, “That’s the change.”

“I like that change.”

            His parents called us out for dinner and they had Max’s favorite meal set up with him sitting at the end of the table with gifts next to his chair. They insisted I sit next to him and they let him open his gifts before eating. His mom gave him money to spend this summer, his dad gave him a special watch handed down through the generations, and they both gave him another journal, CDs he wanted, and an iPad. After dinner we moved to the living room to watch his favorite movie to finish the celebrations for the night. Max took a seat on the couch and he pulled me down between his legs. I leaned back and rested against him as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

“You two are cute,” his mom smiled.

“We are definitely cute,” Max agreed.

I laughed, “Of course you would say that.”

“I’m a fan of us,” he shrugged, “It’s like those fans online.”

“You read that?” I laughed, “I haven’t even touched social media lately.”

He laughed with me, “They have a name for us.”

“They do?” his mom asked, “What is this name?”

“Yeah what is it?” I asked him.

He smiled, “DeMax.”

“Really? DeMax?”

“Yeah,” he nodded, “I like it. I’m gonna start saying that from now on. Instead of using the word we I will just start saying DeMax.”

I shook my head, “Do you know how annoying that will get?”

“I don’t care,” he laughed, “We’re DeMax.”

I covered his mouth, “Watch the movie!”

His mom laughed at us before directing her attention back to the TV. Max kissed my cheek before laughing into my shoulder and whispering, “DeMax,” one more time. I shook my head and kissed his cheek too. He smiled and hugged me tightly as I continued resting against him. I personally didn’t care about the movie. In that moment all I could think about was how relaxing it felt to rest in his arms. Since I woke up in the hospital all I’ve wanted to do is relax because in that moment it felt impossible. All this time I’ve been at home I was able to have fun and relax somewhat as I hung out with my family and Anna. I love them and they make me laugh, but it wasn’t the same. When I’m with Max it’s different. I let my guard down completely and allow myself to relax in a way I can’t even do around my family. I haven’t figured out why and I don’t think I care to know why because I love the feeling too much. I felt so relaxed that I fell asleep less than halfway through the movie.

When I woke up I was laying on Max’s bed. I sat up and looked at his clock to see that it was past midnight. I looked around and noticed Max on the floor. I pushed until he woke up.

“Everything okay?” he mumbled.

“Why are you on the floor?” I asked him.

“You should get the bed.”

“It’s probably uncomfortable come here.”

He didn’t argue like I expected. He stood up and slipped into bed, putting his arm around my waist so I could rest my head on his chest. He kissed my head.

“Sorry I fell asleep during your movie,” I told him.

“It’s okay baby,” he mumbled.

“Goodnight.”

“Night, love you.”

“I love you too,” I smiled and snuggled into his chest.

Now I really can sleep.

 THE END CHAPTER 46!

VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE PLEASE? :D

This story will be coming to a close so fast oh my god I don't even know if I'm ready for it.