We Don't Dare Disturb the Sun

Eddie woke up violently, gasping hard.

One of Them was nearby.

Richie didn't even stir, he slept like a rock; but Freddie--who was currently draped on top of Richie like he was some little lap dog--raised his head, looking at Eddie with concern.

"It's okay," Eddie breathed, reaching over and patting his head.

He glanced over, finding some comfort in the fact it was morning. At least they got to sleep through the night this time. Richie was definitely going to endlessly complain, though. It didn't matter what time of the day they went, he whined about it.

Eddie sighed as heard haphazard footsteps running down the hall towards them. He didn't so much as look away from the window when their door swung open, and Bill stood there, disheveled; his hair everywhere. "O-One of Them is--"

"I know," Eddie hissed, not sure why he was trying to get Bill to be quiet, Richie was going to have to wake up soon anyway. And even if Bill's clumsy ass running down the hall and practically falling into their doorway didn't wake him, Freddie's now wagging tail at the sight of Bill would surely do the trick. "You don't have to freak out every time--" he stopped mid sentence. It was actually really close by.

"Yeah!" Bill shouted, instantly recognizing that look on Eddie's face. "Told you!"

Richie finally woke up as Freddie's tail started wagging harder as Bill got louder. He grumbled, grabbing his tail and holding it in place. "Why are you guys awake?" he groaned, as if he hadn't been through this a hundred times.

Eddie rolled his eyes and grabbed his pillow, smacking Richie in the face with it. "Why do you think? Get up."

Bill went scurrying off to go loudly wake everyone else up. Richie glared. "You could nicely wake me up, ya know? Try kissing me next time, maybe I'll complain through the day less."

"Unlikely." Eddie huffed, hopping out of bed. "Plus, I will never kiss you in the morning. Not only do I know for a fact that you don't brush your teeth before bed, I also know that Freddie lays on your face and he drools."

Richie looked at Freddie, looking only mildly surprise. "You drool?"

Freddie's tail once again started beating endlessly as he stared back at Richie.

Eddie laughed to himself. "I'm gonna go get dressed. Do the same, and quick. It's close."

On their way out, they all had to step over Dandelion who was sleeping directly in front of the door this morning.

Eddie huffed as they stepped outside. He didn't want to be up this early, but the fresh morning air was nice at least. He almost felt energized for a moment, until he felt something watching him.

He glanced over, but he already knew that familiar scent--like fruit.

Pest was sitting there on the railing, long tail spilling over the edge. It had a slight swing to it, and based on the way it was absolutely beaming at Eddie, it was a happy swing.

Mike smiled. "Good morning," he said, petting it.

"Hey!" Eddie shouted. "What are you doing?! Don't touch it!"

Mike slowly pulled his hand away. "I don't know why you're fighting this, Pest clearly loves you."

"Stop calling it by a name," Eddie groaned, glaring the little cat monster down. "You and all your little monster friends are the reason we have to get up super early. Now shoo!" he shouted, waving his arms around to try and scare it off.