Ch.14

Ch. 14

+

"Who are you?" I yelled at her.

"I just told you, my dear." She gave me a polite smile. "Patty or Natasha. Your pick."

"My name is Nautica Rewolf, not Flower." I clarified.

Patty laughed, "If you spell your name backwards, it comes out Flower. Haven't you ever noticed that?"

No.

"What do you want, Patty?"

"I'm here to help you, not harm you Nautica. I'm older in this supernatural world, I've lived longer just for you. Here, I am your prophecy and I'll guide you through your future choices." Patty started to explain everything from how she was chosen, her husband and all the way to how she even met me.

It was so unreal. A prophecy? A helper sent here to help me? It didn't seem like a joke either, my family was long lost in a war many years ago and so I was the only Red Howler alive.

"I came here knowing that your identity was revealed to your mates' pack. You're afraid of what'll happen, isn't that so?" Patty smirked, her features seemed to smoothen out. Her skin was brighter now. "Ah, my mate and I were immortal. Now that we've come face to face with you, we'll no longer be immortal."

My mouth gaped open. Immortality? It was almost impossible for wolves. Maybe they're fate was really just to meet me. She knows my identity.

Patty stood up and walked over to the door, "Keep this in mind Nautica, your family didn't die because of a war but because of betrayal and the gray."

The gray?

"Wait -" But it was already too late, she was gone like the wind when I opened the door and called after her.

I looked over my features and appearance in the mirror. My long flowing fiery red hair, bright and shiny. My nails the faint color of a red and my eyes flashing red like a stop sign. At times, my eyes and hair would return to the fake colors I had before but I couldn't control neither. Whenever I turned into a Red Howler, it was when I was infuriated or feeling a strong emotion. Otherwise, I stayed with black hair and eyes.

I'm a fucking monster.

Nautica, answer me. Please just answer me god fucking damn it. I'll explain if you come back.

Nat, Alpha is in pain without you, come back and he'll explain. The whole pack cannot bear it without you.

Hunter and Kyle continuously harassed me with their telepathy. Their pleads for me to come back was endless. I could have ignored it but just for a moment, my mind slipped and I lost grip of blocking them out.

The littlest bit of me wanted - needed an explanation. Plus, Patty or Natasha had already told me that she'd be here to protect, that she'd guide me. If I was making this choice to go back, it would benefit me right?

+

My hands trembled, legs feeling like smooth jello about to break any moment as I stood in front of the mansion. Luckily, my fake features have returned and I wasn't looking like a Red Howler.

"Luna!" Holly gasped. Her eyes scanned me from top to bottom, coming from her I could sense the fright.

Toneless, I said, "I'm not gonna rip you in half." I stepped past her and into the house. "At least not yet." I smirked, feeling the fun in scaring her.

Hunter's bare back was facing me as I walked into his room. Beads of sweat rolling down it. He grunted, "Nautica." His hand clutched onto the walls' frame and cracks suddenly appeared on it.

Something was wrong.

"Hunter are you hurt?" He turned around, a white gauze attached to the area and filled with blood. My hand reached out to touch. But he stopped me and sat down on his bed.

Moments from yesterday flashed and I remembered what Patty had said.

"None heals from a Red Howler, only a mate and only sometimes. Be wise when you choose one to hurt. And remember, your blood can heal the wound. Nothing else will heal it."

"I did this, didn't I?" I kneeled down in front of him. His face was pale, lips chapped and hair disheveled.

His silent was an answer to my question.

"Do you have a knife in here?" I searched frantically in his room.

Hunter was breathless as he talked. "It's in the middle drawer in the bathroom. Why do you need it?"

Sudden pain was felt on my own stomach as I grabbed the knife. "Lean back."

He did as I said but hesitated. I peeled off his gauze, a large wound was struggling to heal. Gosh, it was horrendous. I slit my own palm and blood rushed out.

"Nautica!" Hunter screamed. I pushed him back onto the bed and squeezed my palm over his wound. The blood dripping quickly over the area and in minutes, his wound was healed.

The color rushed back into his body and he was no longer in pain. Was this the pain Kyle had meant or an mental pain? After Hunter had cleaned up, I went back into his room.

The silence was killing me.

"So, what the hell are you Hunter?" I asked, sitting myself down onto his desk. "And why did you attack me when you first met me?"

Hunter came towards me, my legs in between his own. His face was barely two feet away. "When I first saw you, I didn't try to kill nor attack you. You had that misconception that every wolf who came to your land wants to kill you. No, no one can kill you. They want you because you're strong and because you're a Red Howler."

I gulped when he said my pack and my real identity.

"I was out on a run in wolf form, in a white form and I smelled you. Desire and lust, meaning my mate was nearby. It's a drive and I couldn't just pass you by. My wolf was driven crazy from meeting you for the first time. It disobeyed every order I gave it. When you attacked me, your strength revealed your true identity to me. A Red Howler."

I didn't know how to respond because I had mistaken him for attacking me when really he just found his mate.

"My wolf changes colors. It's because I was born with it. It's a gift from my late grandfather. It hides my wolf form whenever I'm in a fight or war with another pack." His fingers lightly pressed against my skin of my waist. "I didn't try to kill you, Nautica. I was trying to help you."

My breath was increasing as of speed as he leaned closer to me. "Then what does this towns' name mean?"

He sighed and brushed a hand through his hair. "Flower Kings. FK."

"Flower Kings?" My eyes scrunched up. "But why?"

"My late grandfather named this town before he died. Some sort of war or betrayal that impacted its name."

Betrayal? War?

"It's exactly what Patty told me..." I whispered.

"Patty?"

I snapped back into reality. "Nothing."

This time, his arms wrapped around my waist, my core against his jeans. "I'm so glad you're back." Hunter leaned his forehead against mine. Slowly, his lips pressed against mine. I felt my body go limp like I've lost all power. I bit his lip and felt him smile. I wrapped my legs around him as he lifted me up and over to the bed. "Now, let's see how a Red Howler will howl."