Ch.7

Ch.7

+

The event was almost like a red carpet excluding the flashing lights and cameras. Hunter tossed the key to one of the chauffeurs and rounded the car to open my door for me.

My mood had gone down a little from the 'mate' talk we had. But I still withheld my elegance posture I was suppose to play tonight.

Hunter put his hand on the small of my back and I appreciated it because he was trying to be polite. "Stay close to me or try to find Kyle and Jae if you're going to separate from me." He whispered in my ear but kept a smile straightforward.

I nodded. This celebration didn't sound so nice. When we entered, I knew why. Recognizing the faces of many wolf packs meant there could be possible attacks.

All the women were dressed nicely in elegant and chic dresses with shining things that blinded my vision. The men also wore similar clothing to their partners.

It was a little overwhelming at first but I adjusted when I had a glass of champagne.

"Ah, look who it is!" A man's deep voice exclaimed. Hunter momentarily let go of me to shake the man in front of me. He was older than both of us, a little younger than Hunter's father.

"Hello Reo." It was a firm shake with a free flowing mood but there was something off. His name suddenly reminded me that he was the one hosting this party.

His eyes diverted to my direction and a warm smile played on his lips. "Who's this young lady here?"

Hunter's hand came back around as he pulled me closer to his side. "This is Nautica Rewolf. She's a guest on my land." He grinned down at me and I returned a forced one just like his.

Reo laughed, "I hope you two are enjoying yourselves." He gave us a curt nod and headed to greet his other guests.

I felt uneasy as soon as Reo left. Voices started to clog into my mind, clogging every last hearing I could hear. My vision started to blur.

"Hunter," I leaned up to him, putting my arms around his neck - as if we were hugging. He seemed a little surprised by my action. "Hunter, I can't focus. There's these - there's these voices." I choked out. I was afraid because these happen frequently and I couldn't control them.

He was alerted and pulled me along with him. I closed my eyes the entire way, hoping to drown out the voices but to my dismay, it grew even louder and more paranoid. Hunter's voice was a faint pathway.

He was screaming my name but I couldn't focus on it, leaving me even more angered and it was not good for me to be heated up. "Hunter!" I screamed.

"Focus," He said softly. I tried but the thousands of voices grew louder every time I tried.

Suddenly, the noises and voices in my head started to drown out one by one. I didn't open my eyes until my mind was completely cleared.

That's when I felt the movement of my lips against Hunter's.

It was like hunger and a yearning that I felt. He pulled my waist impossibly closer to his. Lips gently laying onto mine like rose petals. Movement like the clouds - slow and easy.

I pulled back. My eyes slowly fluttering open. "What did you do?"

He grinned, a half smile playing on his lips, "I kissed you. And it worked." He says proudly.

I couldn't comprehend how I should be feeling. But I realized we were on the rooftop of the building. The scenery was nice because the sun was just starting to set. I pulled away from his grasp and he seemed to mind it but held back from yelling.