Ch.19

Ch.19

+

"What are you doing here?" I slowly backed away even though I told myself not to.

Around me, it was foggy and my vision blurred.

The Red Howler appeared again. His face reminded me of someone I couldn't pinpoint. His creepy smile brought goosebumps onto my skin.

I started to run, it was a nightmare.

Run, I told myself.

But he was quick to follow and as I kept looking back at him, I tripped. When he finally approached me, he grabbed my shoulders.

"I," he looked around. "I am your - "

"But they said the chances are - oh my god, Nat you're awake!"

It was just a nightmare.

"I told you not to call her that."

"Sorry, Alpha."

This conversation sounded all too familiar.

"Shut the fuck up." I mumbled, I was pretty sure they got the idea that I wanted them to close their traps.

Pain could be felt throughout my entire stomach. "That asshole put Wandering Jews around the silver knife and fucking stabbed me with it. God, he really knows how to kill people."

"What? What's Wandering Jews?" Hunter asked. Kyle was long out of the room.

We weren't in the hospital but in the same room Hunter was in when I maniac attacked him.

I tried to make myself comfortable but it was hard with a bleeding stomach as I could tell from the bandage wrapped around me with a large red spot. "It's a plant. Green leaves, purple flowers. Got its' name because a Jew taunted Jesus. However, Red Howlers are highly allergic, so to say in short - kills me easier than axing me into pieces."

"How'd he know that it would possible kill you? I mean obviously you survived." Hunter tucked a strand of my hair back behind my ear.

"Being friends with someone for so long can often make them into your enemy. I guess I fought it off, which I am very surprised myself." I reached over for the bloody towel.

I wiped the excess blood coming out of my wound. "I think I need a change."

Hunter pulled out a new wrap. He shook his head in distraught.

I blinked at him in confusion. "What?"

"Nothing, I'm just," He sighed and sat down beside me on the bed. "you're losing so much blood and I can't even help you." His eyes flashed gold.

So beautiful.

"I'll be fine." I assured him. I grabbed his face into my hands, "I love you."

"You made it sound like a good bye."

"It's not," I assured him. My eyes became watery. "but it is the first time I told someone I love them."

He smiled, his true smile. "I love you." His lips pressed against mine, smoothly and easily. It felt so good and I knew this was where I belonged. But, I wasn't exactly sure I would be fine. It's happened once and I painfully survived the same situation as this.

Patty.

I needed to see Patty. She would know what I needed to do.

+

I was shortly let to go back to my room. Doctor Ray was doing research on the plant and came up with the idea that if I can heal Hunter, he can heal me back. So Hunter cut open his palm and wiped it on my wound. Shortly after, a dirt purple substance started coming out of my wound.