Ch.21

Ch.21

+

Hunter was so perfect. His lips were pink and he had this stubble that made him so handsome. I couldn't believe he was my mate. 

"Good morning." Hunter rubs his eyes and sets me loose. He really stayed by my side all night.

"Hey, good morning." I smiled. Doctor Ray came last night and after examining me, he told me that I had a slight fever and nauseousness from my wound the other night. When Hunter asked if I was pregnant, it was so dumb of him. If I had been pregnant then we would've lost the baby after Nick stabbed me. 

Hunter rolls out of bed and answers his phone. He seems quite irritated but mouths me "Gotta go" before stepping out of the room. 

I step out as well and take a shower. My stomach has a slight opening but doesn't cause much pain. I get dressed and head to the training grounds. I don't know why I always come back to this place. Maybe because I like the environment. 

"Luna." Kyle appears next to me.

"Hey, what's up?" I look at the pack. Everyone is working hard and are great fighters.

Kyle scratches his head. "I think there's something you should know." 

I stuff my hands in my sweater pockets and meet Kyle's eyes. They were gray. 

"Well, what is it?" I asked impatiently. 

"There's been sightings of a Red Howler on the premises. We know it's not you, and we're not sure who it is or if we believe it's a Red Howler because technically, you are the last Howler. Do you think you know him?" His eyes shifted away from me. He felt guilty in some way and I knew why he felt guilty. 

I breathed out, "I know there's another Red Howler. In no way do I know him. I, myself am still trying to figure who he is too. I don't mean to cause harm to anyone in this pack. I did not call him to come here. I thought I was the last Red Howler too, Kyle."

"I don't want to accuse you of anything." He sighs. 

"I have to go." I say. "I think there's someone who can tell me who he is." 

Kyle hugs me, for I don't know why. But I feel like we're friends again. "Be safe." He says.

+

I don't stop by the house to tell Hunter at all, instead I head to Patty. She knows the answer, I know she does. Before my finger even hits the doorbell, Patty opens the door. 

She smiles, "Come in."

I sit across from her on a cream couch. She was kinda creepy, but I trusted her. 

"I need to know who the Red Howler is, Patty." The cup of water in my hand shakes a little. Her hair is gray, but her skin is flawless.

She sets her cup on the table, "He is your uncle. Your dad's younger brother. You may not remember much of your memories because it's been wiped away. But I think you should meet him."

In the corner of my eyes, I see a man walking out and down the stairs. He looked so familiar. He smiles, but viciously. He takes a seat on the couch next to me. I feel awed but astonished. It's like I remember him but I couldn't quite name out who he was. 

"Nice to finally meet you, Nautica." He extends his hand out but I don't take it. 

"Who are you?" I snarled. Anger filled me. He had been playing games with me and the pack. 

He grinned a little, "Like Patty said, I'm your uncle. My name is Jason. I am your father's one and only younger brother and you are my niece." 

"I haven't exactly accepted you as family. Why do you keep lurking around my pack?" I was irritated.

Jason chuckled, "My dear niece, what is the name of your town again? Ah! FK ,right? Which stands for..?"

"Flower Kings." I finished. Why does that matter?

He leaned closer to me. "Your last name is Rewolf, which is Flower the other way around. And what does the Kings part mean? Your mate's last name. Well, technically it was his last name until the war happened."

I had been so curious all this time what the war was. " What war?" 

Jason laughed, "Curiosity killed the cat."

"Tell me, my dear uncle." I retorted.

"If you insist. Your father was a great man, everyone loved him. Especially because we were Red Howlers, a unique wolf pack. The Gray Pack we're our allies. Paul was your father's best friend and you knew Hunter at that time."

"I knew Hunter?" I was confused.

"Your memories have been wiped away, for the better." Jason said. 

"But Hunters pack is now called the Silver Moon pack. Why?" I asked. Patty wasn't in her seat anymore. I hadn't even noticed she left.

"Let me finish the story Nautica. You've always been feisty as a child and Hunter have always been a tough guy. He didn't particularly like you, but there was a connection in a way. Now you guys are mates." He laughs again then continues. "Well, Red Howlers all have something special about each and everyone but we all rely on a special diamond. A ruby. It's obviously somewhere in this world because without it, both of us wouldn't be here. We threw a big party for your 13th birthday and invited the Gray pack. That day the ruby disappeared. We believed it was the Gray pack but your father insisted they did not steal it. However, your father was overwhelmed by the rest of the Red Howlers and decided to show up at Paul's house. He found Paul's sister, Jess, holding it in the kitchen with other wolves. He couldn't believe that his best friend would try to take away something so precious and important. That was how the war happened between the Gray and Flower (Rewolf is the last name of Red Howlers)."

I couldn't actually take everything in. I was overwhelmed by the history. Why did I have to be Hunter's mate? It's funny how fate works. 

"Why don't I remember any of this happening?" I asked.

"Like Patty said, it's been erased. No one did it to your memory but yourself because it was traumatizing. Psychology, Nautica. Your parents died, and so did your brother." He answered. 

"I had a brother? What the fuck?!" I was so fucking confused. I don't even know who I really am anymore. "What was his name?" I asked.

"Nathan. His name was Nathan." Then Jason stood up and just left.

+

Thank you for reading!

See you soon. xx

Dawnnn