𝐈𝐈 | 𝐏𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Start from the beginning

It was a wonderful, sunny day. The sun was like a burning match in the sky. I flicked open my book sucking in the words like a sponge.

Books were magical - they could transport you away in a matter of seconds and draw you out of the boring reality we lived in.

A shadow slinked around the corner like a sly fox as I felt someone peer down at me like I was an interesting artefact in a museum.

"Can I help you?" I asked sitting up and snapping the book shut. I had just gotten to chapter three where Belle finds out the person she loved was actually a prince.

"You read child storybooks," Denver chuckled sitting down beside me and grabbing the book from my hands.

"I must say you don't strike me as the sort to read princess tales, but Athens, you are a woman of many surprises" He winked as he handed the book back to me.

"If you think that's flirting, consider me dead," I said getting up and walking away.

I sulked back inside, throwing the book down on the kitchen island as Nairobi looked up at me. "Who put the princess in a bad mood," she asked as I rolled my eyes.

Why had linking me to princesses become a hobby of everyone?

I angrily grabbed the kettle pouring the boiling water into the cup watching the water splash down on my hands. I cursed under my breath, gritting my teeth and slamming the counter furiously.

Everything had to go wrong as well.

Nairobi ran over shoving my hand over the sink as cold water splurted out the tap.

"What's gotten into you" she yelled. As she rubbed my hands, red welts started to sprout over my palms.

"Nairobi it's fine," I said turning off the tap and walking away. "Just tell me where the medical kit is and I'll sort it out"

She sighed sympathetically, telling me it was in the storage room underneath the box of plastic explosives.

I nodded cradling my sore hands and kicking open the door of the room. It was dark and dusty and spiderwebs clung to each corner of the walls like a ball of yarn.

I kneeled on the ground shuffling through the boxes as a set of footsteps drew up behind me. "What are you doing in here, Athens?" A cold voice said as I turned around to Berlin an amused expression on his face.

"I'm looking for the medical kit. Nairobi said it was in here" I replied going to pushing aside boxes. "It's not in here, it's in my room," he said.

"Mentioning that earlier would have been great," I said sarcastically jumping up, watching as his eyes scanned my red hands.

"You've really outdone your self with that burn, Athens"

"Thanks, it's my best work," I rolled my eyes, following him up the stairs as he invited me into his room. It was bigger than all the rest of ours.

A magnificent king size bed was in the middle as well as a small rack of clothes, where expensive suits were hung up.

And then his paintings - big detailed works of art hidden behind the dresser.

He held out the small box as I grabbed it from his hands and nodded my head towards him. "If I may ask, just out of random thought, how are you going to dress a wound yourself?

I handed him back the box sitting on his bed and holding out my hand in front of him.

"You do it then" he grinned happily as he sat down in front of me and pulled out an cotton swab. "This might sting"